Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduction

hello everyone,
    i am posting this thread to introduce myself to your forum, i have played snooker and pool for over 30 years not vey good but i enjoy it and that what it's all about we can't all be alex higgins, i stay in west lothian and play regular in the livingston and dist pool league, i have a mastercraft cue with a spare shaft used for 9 ball and i am a member of the livingston snooker club in deans

t

Welcome to TSF
    TSF World Champion 2010
    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Hi TG,

Welcome to tsf, and have fun here.

And wouldn't it be great to play like Alex, bless him, and what a true legend.

Lol....xx
      sigpic

Comment

Hello and Welcome to TSF.
        Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by the glove View Post
          hello everyone,
          i am posting this thread to introduce myself to your forum, i have played snooker and pool for over 30 years not vey good but i enjoy it and that what it's all about we can't all be alex higgins, i stay in west lothian and play regular in the livingston and dist pool league, i have a mastercraft cue with a spare shaft used for 9 ball and i am a member of the livingston snooker club in deans

t
          I have played there quite a few times over the years. I played in Millers in Broxburn (about six miles away, from about the early 80's until about 2001. They used to have around 23 tables with a few good ones up the front but now they only have five or six and they are not very good and a bit cramped for space.
          Does Deans Snooker club still have the same set up as it used to? The tables there were always not too bad and it was a decent club although the middle ones didn't have seating.

Comment

welcome aboard mate !!

Comment

gem There was a post on the Forum a few weeks back saying that the Livingston snooker club has closed down. If you're stuck for somewhere to play then there's the Bathgate Working Mens club in Mid Street. There's only five tables and its a bit ropey TBH. I play in Bathgate from time to time but mostly in Locarnos' at Slateford in Edinburgh. It's not too bad.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                gem There was a post on the Forum a few weeks back saying that the Livingston snooker club has closed down. If you're stuck for somewhere to play then there's the Bathgate Working Mens club in Mid Street. There's only five tables and its a bit ropey TBH. I play in Bathgate from time to time but mostly in Locarnos' at Slateford in Edinburgh. It's not too bad.
                I just heard today that Livingston had closed down as well, very sad indeed. Seemed like a well run club. There used to be many clubs in West Lothian for snooker but most seem to have either shut or changed quite a bit for the worse.
                The big break in Bathgate used to have about 21 tables along with a few good players, big Sam for one, and there were a few others.
                I remember playing in the club at Creamery Park around 20 years ago and also the one on Mid Street.
                Are the Baird brothers still involved at Locarno's? I remember going there in the 80's. Is it still up stairs?
                Last edited by gem; 28 September 2010, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Hi Gem Not sure who's in control at Locarno's nowadays but its definitley still upstairs with the pie shop downstairs!! My 86 year old Mum tells me it was once a dance hall that she used to go to in the 1940's!! Played the odd frame at the Big Break but can't remember Creamery Park. There's a one-frame knock-out going on at Mid Street just now. Apparently its a tournament last played for in the 1980's. Maybe your name's on the cup? I've got through the first round but don't expect to get much further.

Comment

Hi BigMeek, I didn't win anything at the mid street club. I only played there when I was quite young. The Big Break and then Millers had better tables and we went there to play.
                    I think I got the names wrong for Locarno, I think it was the Baird brothers, Kenny and Alfie? I think they had somethind to do with running that club but I am not sure.
                    I will maybe go and try out the Bathgate club some time.
                    I am looking to get back into snooker again after about 9 years away.

Comment

Originally Posted by gem View Post
                      Hi BigMeek, I didn't win anything at the mid street club. I only played there when I was quite young. The Big Break and then Millers had better tables and we went there to play.
                      I think I got the names wrong for Locarno, I think it was the Baird brothers, Kenny and Alfie? I think they had somethind to do with running that club but I am not sure.
                      I will maybe go and try out the Bathgate club some time.
                      I am looking to get back into snooker again after about 9 years away.
                      Paul Marinello owns the Locarno as well as The Shandon next door. Alan & Bob McCabe own the Creamery in Bainsford, Falkirk. Both clubs are used for scottish events.

if you want to get back into scottish snooker, here is your first port of call!

http://www.scottishsnooker.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X