Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Suggestions?

Hello everybody,

I'm looking to purchase a new cue as soon as possible. I've been playing snooker for around 5 years on a weekly basis with my friend. I consider myself to be an amateur however my current cue isn't the greatest (bought from Argos :biggrin-new

I have a budget of £200-£300 for a 3/4 cue & case. What manufacturers/brands would you recommend? I've currently got my eye on a Peradon cue, however i've heard mixed reviews.

I'd be very grateful for any feedback you may have.

Regards,

Reece.

Hi ,
    Welcome to TSF !!

Depends what maker you are looking for . UK Or Thai cues .
    No matter what kind of cue you buy , the main thing is the cue suits your game.
    As long as it feels right for you and you re comfortable with . The badge is Not important .
    each cue HAS his own character and Has to be judged on its own regardles of his badge.

IMO , the best way is try the cue before you buy it.
    I do'nt know what your location is , But there are few options for that kind of budget.

You can contact ADR147 , he is a member of this forum( send him a mail ) and I think you gonna get a good deal.
    His TSF cues are value and within your budget .

If you can go and pay a visit to one of the cue agents, than here is a list :

Craftsman cues
    Greenbaize
    Chesworth cues

In case your looking for UK maker ,

Richy ( Mac cues )
    Andy Travis
    J6 ( member of this forum / and doing a great job ).

Buy a cue bcuz it plays well in your hand ,, Not bcuz of the badge.

Goodluck with your search for holy grail !!
    Last edited by Ramon; 30 December 2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      Hi ,
      Welcome to TSF !!

Depends what maker you are looking for . UK Or Thai cues .
      No matter what kind of cue you buy , the main thing is the cue suits your game.
      As long as it feels right for you and you re comfortable with . The badge is Not important .
      each cue HAS his own character and Has to be judged on its own regardles of his badge.

IMO , the best way is try the cue before you buy it.
      I do'nt know what your location is , But there are few options for that kind of budget.

You can contact ADR147 , he is a member of this forum( send him a mail ) and I think you gonna get a good deal.
      His TSF cues are value and within your budget .

If you can go and pay a visit to one of the cue agents, than here is a list :

Craftsman cues
      Greenbaize
      Chesworth cues

In case your looking for UK maker ,

Richy ( Mac cues )
      Andy Travis
      J6 ( member of this forum / and doing a great job ).

Buy a cue bcuz it plays well in your hand ,, Not bcuz of the badge.

Goodluck with your search for holy grail !!
      +1. .

Comment

Cue Suggestions?

just for balance-
        Richy and Andy Travis are also both members here and also doing good work
        :biggrin:
        Last edited by DeanH; 30 December 2016, 10:57 AM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated! I'm completely new to the forum and I'm having a difficult time messaging Richy or Andy Travis. Every time I click 'Send a Message' an error appears.

Whats the difference between a UK or Thai Cue? Which is the better quality?
          Should I contact a company such as 'Mastercraft Cues' for a handmade cue or should I stick to a well established brand like Peradon?

Regards,

Reece.

Comment

Originally Posted by RuffJustice13 View Post
            Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated! I'm completely new to the forum and I'm having a difficult time messaging Richy or Andy Travis. Every time I click 'Send a Message' an error appears.

Whats the difference between a UK or Thai Cue? Which is the better quality?
            Should I contact a company such as 'Mastercraft Cues' for a handmade cue or should I stick to a well established brand like Peradon?

Regards,

Reece.
            Aside of UK cues been made by UK cue makers and Thai cues , by Thai cue maker ??

Well , in that case Not much realy . UK cues have generaly a better finish imo .
            Not to mention abit easier to sell ( in case u decide to put it on eBay and sell it ).

A cue is cue . As long as it feels right for you , does'nt realy matter who made it .
            Anyway , keep an eye on this thread . Other members may have sum better suggestions for you ( Or better Posts ).

BTW, you can also contact Richy ( Mac cues ) via his Facebook and send him a PM , as well as Andy Travis.

B
            Last edited by Ramon; 31 December 2016, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              just for balance-
              Richy and Andy Travis are also both members here and also doing good work
              :biggrin:
              Thanks Dean .

Comment

Cue Suggestions?

Ruff you will need over 10 posts on TSF to get PM function.

Mastercraft is an established cue maker and make lovely custom cues as well as cues in stock.
                They made a custom cue for a friend a few years ago and my friend loves it

Another friend got Andy Travis to make a cue for him. Communication was excellent, price was brilliant and timescale was short. Again my friend loves it.

have heard good reviews of Richy's service and cues.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Ruff you will need over 10 posts on TSF to get PM function.

Mastercraft is an established cue maker and make lovely custom cues as well as cues in stock.
                  They made a custom cue for a friend a few years ago and my friend loves it

Another friend got Andy Travis to make a cue for him. Communication was excellent, price was brilliant and timescale was short. Again my friend loves it.

have heard good reviews of Richy's service and cues.
                  Yes as a have both Ritchie and Andy Travis cues i can vouch for both of there cues also i was speaking to Ritchie last nite and he has a few cues ready to go
                  Last edited by Stevie1; 31 December 2016, 10:58 AM.
                  Current playing cue Trevor White
                  3/4 ash cue

Comment

Hello everybody,

I'm looking to purchase a new cue as soon as possible. I've been playing snooker for around 5 years on a weekly basis with my friend. I consider myself to be an amateur however my current cue isn't the greatest (bought from Argos :biggrin-new

I have a budget of £200-£300 for a 3/4 cue & case. What manufacturers/brands would you recommend? I've currently got my eye on a Peradon cue, however i've heard mixed reviews.

I'd be very grateful for any feedback you may have.

Regards,

Reece.
                    Let the peeps here know where you're based... E.g. South West
                    This way those in the know can point you in the right direction... :snooker:
                    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019
                    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Thank you very much everyone for your responses/knowledge. I have private messaged both sellers via Facebook. I'm based in the South-East of England.

Comment

Thank you very much everyone for your responses/knowledge. I have private messaged both sellers via Facebook. I'm based in the South-East of England.
                        The souf-east you say? You could always go to Parris but you'd need to multiply your money for one of his average clunkers. LOL

Well, for £300 you could also have a Ton Praram III custom cue or or Maximus (both Thai made) and the equal of an Ultimate from JP. 300 buys a lot these days. Don't forget Cue Craft either, their Monarch cue is highly rated.

Comment

Ruff justice I would put my neck out to say go for a Woods cue. I ordered another one before Xmas £61 delivered which arrived within five days, been playing with it now a good couple of weeks and so impressed with it it's up there with cues I've spent 100's of pound on.

The feel of the cue feels right, balance seem spot on, nice arrows on shaft. If you put the name on the butt aside & where it comes from and concentrate on the playing of the cue you won't be disappointed.

I've got a box of a Grand tips here which I'll use so that will my only change to the cue.

Comment

Hi

Feel free to get in touch

We would be happy to quote you for a handmade cue within your budget including case and mini butt

Check our website and drop us a message if your not already sorted out

Thanks
                            The HJC Team
                            For all your cue needs - www.henryjackcues.co.uk
                            Handmade to order in England to your specification
                            Plus selection of used cues - or cue finder facility - get in touch!

Comment

Reg at Wright cues is very approachable and his cues are very good...

Comment

Working...
                              X