Hi from Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Belgium

Figure I probably best introduce myself as well...

28-year-old from Belgium who has been playing snooker seriously for about two years now. Sports writer who fortunately gets to write about the game quite frequently (although I've yet to get a press pass for the Crucible--maybe one day). Currently plays with a £40 BCE cue that's more plastic than wood and requires me to chalk my hand for a good 15 seconds before it will even slide, but that's what you get when there's no cue-shop anywhere near and you can't test the bloody thing before you buy. Looking to treat myself to a new weapon for my birthday, so I'll probably be lurking on the forum for a few weeks and furiously look up any topic on brands, cue makers and the likes.

Cheers

welcome to TSF .

Good idea to look around and read sum of the old threads. if you have any question related to cues, feel free to ask. there are many members who can help you in order to make sum right decisions .

Looking forward to read your Posts
    And , goodluck with your search for the holy grail.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeKleineBelg View Post
      Figure I probably best introduce myself as well...

28-year-old from Belgium who has been playing snooker seriously for about two years now. Sports writer who fortunately gets to write about the game quite frequently (although I've yet to get a press pass for the Crucible--maybe one day). Currently plays with a £40 BCE cue that's more plastic than wood and requires me to chalk my hand for a good 15 seconds before it will even slide, but that's what you get when there's no cue-shop anywhere near and you can't test the bloody thing before you buy. Looking to treat myself to a new weapon for my birthday, so I'll probably be lurking on the forum for a few weeks and furiously look up any topic on brands, cue makers and the likes.

Cheers
      Welcome

Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need any cue advice

Our website details are below

Thanks
      The HJC Team
      For all your cue needs - www.henryjackcues.co.uk
      Handmade to order in England to your specification
      Plus selection of used cues - or cue finder facility - get in touch!

Comment

Might be worth re-finishing your old cue when you've bought a new one, scrape or sand the varnish off, coat it with some kind of filler then sand it back going up the grades of sand paper. Even a nice cue needs a re-finish now and then so it's good to be able to do it, plus since you have a better cue it doesn't really matter if you mess it up

Comment

I might actually do that. I've got two BCE cues and three or four rubbish things lying around, and at least one of them is enough wood to work with. But I play the game enough and love it enough to invest in aproper cue that will hopefully be my best friend for a long time.

Comment

Welcome to TSF :snooker:
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
            X