Hi from hexham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from hexham

Hi just introducing myself as Iv just joined the forum.

My name is Chris and I live in hexham in Northumberland, Iv been practicing 5 days a week at prudhoe snooker club and it's great everyone that gets in is friendly and welcoming, Iv been going there for around 1 and a half month now and I must say how great it is getting back into it, got a new cue for the special occasion, I'm averaging around 17-25 breaks each frame which aren't blacks as for some reason I struggle potting the black when it's on it's spot, I'm getting professional coaching once a week as of tonight, Iv signed up for worldsnooker.com to keep up to date with all the tournaments in the UK as I want to get on the circuit once I start averaging better breaks.

My safety play is brilliant one of the best attributes of my game, but improving a lot as I play both on my own and with others, look forward to hearing from you guys.

"On the circuit" what does this mean ?
    Do you mean amateur or Pro ?

Comment

Hi Chris ,welcome to TSF .

You are going to need a massive jump in ability to go from those breaks to then go on the circuit .

A list of questions :

How many hours a day do you practice ?

Highest practice break ?

Highest match break ?

How old are you ?

What cue did you buy ?
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

On the circuit means all the tournaments on world snooker amateur at the moment but hopefully pro at some point.

Yeah that's why I'm getting professional coaching so they can help me progress on my bad points.

As far as practicing each day it is in the region of 4-6 hours per day.

My highest practice break is currently at 84 which I on occasion get every couple of frames.

My highest match break is currently sitting at 78 which is increasing roughly every week.

I'm 26 years old (27 in April)

I bought a cue from Geordie pool in wallsend will post pictures in morning as I leave my cue at the club.

Comment

Good luck Chris , that's not going to be easy . Left it a bit late in life

Are there any Pro's in your club , or top top amateurs that you can play ? This way you could gauge where your game is at present .

There are kids down our club banging in 50's & 60's on a regular basis , Ages 13/14 . And one of them has just banged in a 109 .

Also , have you ever or do you practice on a Pro table ? By that i mean a Star Table .

As you know pockets are tighter and cloth is quicker .
          Last edited by Neil Taperell; 2 March 2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks I'm not too bothered about being up there with the best as it's a hobbie but wouldn't mind if I made it as a pro haha I am going to do tournaments around the UK once I do get better and get the higher breaks on a regular basis I just havnt had the time I needed to fully commit until now.

Some of my matches are against some great guys knocking in high breaks but I can do pretty well I lost against one of them 3 frames to 2 which is where my 78 break came from and Iv gotten plenty of tips and advice and like I say my breaks are increasing every week.

Iv never practiced on a pro table or star table I have practiced a few times on my clubs match table but the pockets are slightly bigger than normal, my positional play has made a massive increase in the past week or two so I think that is also helping my break building.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, you're improving at a good rate if you're managing to knock in 70+ breaks against decent players, i look forward to reading about your progress , I had a look in Geordie Pool and i thought it was expensive for what they stocked, i only wanted a case but nearly burst out laughing when he told me the price and just turned around and walked out
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Fair enough haha the cues are good quality and you actually get a great tip too, I like they'r cues they aren't bad but aren't for everyone.

Thanks man I will keep you updated, I'm getting coached by a professional tonight to try help me get better even quicker, I will update you on how I get on 😊

Comment

Which coach are you using Chris ?

Comment

I'm sure there is a club in Hexham, pretty positive there used to be an older gentleman post on here and he played in Hexham.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

The coach is called Darren not sure his surname but he lives in corbridge, used to be a pro in Australia, my game has improved a hell of a lot already, yeah Iv heard there's a table somewhere in hexham just not certain where it is

Comment

Hi from hexham

Darren Johnson?
                        Glad your game is moving forward
                        Last edited by DeanH; 2 March 2017, 10:42 PM.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Snookerrisingstar View Post
                          Fair enough haha the cues are good quality and you actually get a great tip too, I like they'r cues they aren't bad but aren't for everyone.

Thanks man I will keep you updated, I'm getting coached by a professional tonight to try help me get better even quicker, I will update you on how I get on 
                          John Astley

Edit: just noticed the previous post, i remember Darren from when he used to play in the monthly pro/am ranking events at Gateshead, he's a top bloke, hope it goes well mate
                          Last edited by GeordieDS; 2 March 2017, 11:55 PM.
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Cheers, yeah Iv had the chance to watch John play at prudhoe club, quality player like, aye my game has improved wel see if I improve tonight too

Comment

Working...
                            X