Hello from motherwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from motherwell

Hi there before I go any further please be gentle with me I am not the most clued up!

I'm looking for some help and advice looking to get back into snooker reason being my mum passed away very suddenly last month and so I'm trying to get my dad out the house try and take his mind of things even if it's just for a couple of hours my question is this ive always wanted a John Parris or a stamford cue and yes I'm about to an the stupid question! Wheres the beat place to buy a second hand one as I'm not rich enough to buy direct from them my second question is there anywhere out here where I can take my dad and also for me to join to go and practice

Thanks very much

Hello and welcome to an excellent forum.....
    Google is your friend for finding snooker clubs near home and I'm guessing you have looked at the JP and Stamford websites so you have a figure in mind what it is going to cost. There are other excellent cuemakers you could consider who could get you a good cue maybe for less money and some are more with a quicker delivery date and all can be found here.

Comment

Hello Jams, and welcome to the forum.

I have a 3/4 Parris Regal cue which you could try if you like.

I play in cumbernauld, so not too much travelling involved.

Cue comes with 3/4 Aluminium case, mini butt & tele extension.

Comment

Welcome to TSF :snooker:
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hello Jams and welcome to The Forum. Great idea to get your Dad out of the house for a game of snooker. Don't need a fancy cue to get started. Just use a rack cue or a cheapie from e-Bay.

Comment

Welcome mate i stay in East Kilbride i play in british legion club not to far a jont for you
            Current playing cue Trevor White
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Thanks everybody I don't profess to be a demon but love playing so if anybody up for giving me a drubbing then that would be great

Billabong can you pm me the details please and I'll have a look at it if that's Ok?

Comment

No P.M. until 10 posts on here I think.

mail me

billvodka at sky dot com

Comment

Send you and email mate

Comment

Jams:

If your purchase with billabong doesn't work out contact ADR147 on here as he always has a large selection of cues at very good prices and is very helpful and as a bonus is located in Scotland (Aberdeen I thing but not sure). Sorry, can't help with places to play near Motherwell.
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

The 147 club in Hamilton ( minutes away ) is fine for snooker its run by professional Jamie Burnett and also has a very strong pool team, the two guys mentioned for cues Billabong and ADR147 are both 100% genuine.

Comment

Working...
                      X