No announcement yet.

Hello fellow baize lovers! Any of you in sunny wolves looking 4 a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark if you want a game mid week give us a shout, is there a lot of players in there and is it easy to sign up and get a game? Is it name on the board type of place you just have to pay 4 the light? That was how most of them used to work I used to go to.

Comment

Originally Posted by Welshbaizeboy View Post
      Mark if you want a game mid week give us a shout, is there a lot of players in there and is it easy to sign up and get a game? Is it name on the board type of place you just have to pay 4 the light? That was how most of them used to work I used to go to.
      Just a yearly membership mate. Think first year £10 then £8 after that. Snooker is quite popular there but you can usually get a table. They put your name down on a booking sheet behind the bar, £2 an hour. In couple weeks all 4 tables getting brand new cloths as well.

Comment

I play at Club 147 in Birmingham

One of the best clubs ive been to. A lot better than most in Manchester

There's no membership fee, just turn up and play. They have a few private rooms too.

I think they've got around 25 to 30 tables. They've also got a match table but its couple of pound extra per hour possibly £8 an hour on the match table

Comment

Thanks Mark will have to have a look down there. Sounds a nice set up Amar just got back from a few days in Brighton and they had a belting little club down there and they had star tables for 9 quid a hour but all the other tables were very good and the day rate was only 3.30 a hour to practise which is very cheap compared to most things in Brighton

Comment

Thanks Mark will have to have a look down there. Sounds a nice set up Amar just got back from a few days in Brighton and they had a belting little club down there and they had star tables for 9 quid a hour but all the other tables were very good and the day rate was only 3.30 a hour to practise which is very cheap compared to most things in Brighton
            Try and post on a few other sections on here. Once you are up to 10 posts I think you can private message so you can arrange some games.

Comment

Markz we should sort it where a few of us get together at Bilston or the Electric club, i'd be up for it one saturday
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                Markz we should sort it where a few of us get together at Bilston or the Electric club, i'd be up for it one saturday
                Could be an idea sometime Tom. Seems like the forum is over run with midlanders lol. Tables are getting done next Monday - Tuesday so hopefully get you back over to batter me lol. You been playing much mate?

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                  Could be an idea sometime Tom. Seems like the forum is over run with midlanders lol. Tables are getting done next Monday - Tuesday so hopefully get you back over to batter me lol. You been playing much mate?
                  I played on saturday and was astounded by how bad I was. I was mildly hungover so i'm hoping it was because of that. It's given me a kick up the arse to practice though! You played much?
                  "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                    I played on saturday and was astounded by how bad I was. I was mildly hungover so i'm hoping it was because of that. It's given me a kick up the arse to practice though! You played much?
                    Gave my cue a refinish and first knock tip felt strange and I played terrible. Just put a kamui mh on to try something new and hitting the ball much better. Motivation comes and goes mate, out tonight so fingers crossed I'll play ok.

Comment

Must be something in the water as I'm playing rubbish as well just now and have no motivation to fix it either.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Must be something in the water as I'm playing rubbish as well just now and have no motivation to fix it either.
                        It'll come good Jim. I'm hoping lightning strikes twice, the only time I tried Kamui mh I had my highest break. Then I cut it off a week later as thought it was too firm. Looking back it was most likely my grip that was wrong and not the tip so gonna give it a good bash this time.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                          It'll come good Jim. I'm hoping lightning strikes twice, the only time I tried Kamui mh I had my highest break. Then I cut it off a week later as thought it was too firm. Looking back it was most likely my grip that was wrong and not the tip so gonna give it a good bash this time.
                          It's always the grip mate, it's always the grip.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Cars of the rd at the min James so when I get that sorted no problem but at the moment would be easier 4 me if there is a train station nearby.
                            Ok, I can't think of many places where there would be a train station nearby, apart from Birmingham really. I'll send you a pm with my mobile number then just let me know when your car is back on the road again and we can sort out a game somewhere around the Dudley/Stourbridge area.

Comment

Just trying to get back into the game after some years, had some lessons to brush up my cue action as I suspected that was holding me back in the past . Anyone looking for a game in the area let me know or I could travel if your not too far.
                              How did the lessons go and which coach did you use?

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                                Ok, I can't think of many places where there would be a train station nearby, apart from Birmingham really. I'll send you a pm with my mobile number then just let me know when your car is back on the road again and we can sort out a game somewhere around the Dudley/Stourbridge area.
                                Nice one will do

Comment

Working...
                                X