Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    i'm not sure that he himself is responding to the comments, watching him he doesn't seem the kind of guy to respond in this manner. it could be the guy behind the camera
    Bang on there’s no way the old man in those YouTube videos is writing all these posts he’s got you all hooked stop posting and fuelling the fire

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      Bang on there’s no way the old man in those YouTube videos is writing all these posts he’s got you all hooked stop posting and fuelling the fire
      please please let it be ---------- nah not, surely not! but maybe?

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
        please please let it be ---------- nah not, surely not! but maybe?
        Kind of agree with Ste Bed but hope it actually is him. It could be him, unable to accept that his life's work is total rubbish, unable to accept criticism..... who knows?
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
          Kind of agree with Ste Bed but hope it actually is him. It could be him, unable to accept that his life's work is total rubbish, unable to accept criticism..... who knows?

Yep could all be B.S. after all?
          Highest break to date? 1

Comment

• I started reading until I got to where potting With side improves your game as you can’t strike centre ball consistently. If you can’t hit centre consistent then Fact why would you be able to hit any part of the ball consistently ???. Then it hit me he was talking about absolute dead centre which again is ludicrous I am sure you are always putting some side on but it’s marginal and make no difference to the shot and is not visible then I saw he’s 88 and he’s definitely not typing this load of ****. Ex member maybe ??? Last post on this matter.

Comment

• And that is the last post from me

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                What McGill is saying/implying though is roughly what Roy of Snooker Secrets is saying - noone can hit the sweet spot of the cue ball every time, and so, therefore, why waste your time trying to hit the cue ball in the sweet spot everytime, when you can just apply a trace of side left or right, depending on the angle of the pot....

Makes sense to me.

It's one less variable to worry about and there's enough of them in snooker as it is!
                If I can’t consistently hit centre of the cue ball which is where I am aiming then why can you consistently hit where your aiming with a trace of left or right side consistently??? Your statement makes on sense. If I can’t hit one point on the cue ball consistently then why and how would I be able to hit any point on the cue ball consistently. Last one this time really.

Comment

If I can’t consistently hit centre of the cue ball which is where I am aiming then why can you consistently hit where your aiming with a trace of left or right side consistently??? Your statement makes on sense. If I can’t hit one point on the cue ball consistently then why and how would I be able to hit any point on the cue ball consistently. Last one this time really.
                  Haha can't help yourself... Go on, have another post

Comment

• Haha just might the further I read into the thread the crazier it gets I have just reached page 15/16 he just contradicts himself

Comment

Haha just might the further I read into the thread the crazier it gets I have just reached page 15/16 he just contradicts himself
                      dont mean to wind ya up but i find it entertaining. what a boring life i lead

Comment

I think the theory is (and I've read the same from pool forums), if you intentionally decide to use left hand side, for example, you are already compensating for that side which should make you more consistent. Whereas if you attempt to hit centre ball you aren't compensating at all and the deflection spoils the shot if you miss hit.

Where I think this falls apart is that degrees of side need degrees of compensation. So no matter where you intend to hit the ball, if you cue the ball poorly the cue ball will not follow the intended path. It will either deflect more or less and either way accuracy suffers. Where centre ball striking makes the most sense is because we do have a certain amount of room for error. The pocket is large enough that you don't need to be 100% accurate all the time and miss hitting a hair to the left or right generally doesn't require any compensation unless you are trying to hit centre pocket.

I know that a lot of people have found benefit in this method and my theory is that it gets them thinking about accurately placing their tip on the ball instead of aiming for centre(ish). I remember years ago noticing that I wasn't really paying close attention to how I cued the ball and noticed I was cueing across it a bit. Improved my game after a month of practice.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                          I think the theory is (and I've read the same from pool forums), if you intentionally decide to use left hand side, for example, you are already compensating for that side which should make you more consistent. Whereas if you attempt to hit centre ball you aren't compensating at all and the deflection spoils the shot if you miss hit.

Where I think this falls apart is that degrees of side need degrees of compensation. So no matter where you intend to hit the ball, if you cue the ball poorly the cue ball will not follow the intended path. It will either deflect more or less and either way accuracy suffers. Where centre ball striking makes the most sense is because we do have a certain amount of room for error. The pocket is large enough that you don't need to be 100% accurate all the time and miss hitting a hair to the left or right generally doesn't require any compensation unless you are trying to hit centre pocket.

I know that a lot of people have found benefit in this method and my theory is that it gets them thinking about accurately placing their tip on the ball instead of aiming for centre(ish). I remember years ago noticing that I wasn't really paying close attention to how I cued the ball and noticed I was cueing across it a bit. Improved my game after a month of practice.
                          Bye bye all, thanks for the laughs you have given me. May you all have a lovely game no matter if you strike centre or not, bye bye again. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• POST CLOSED.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
                              I am not a rude man in the slightest, I like to think I am the opposit, so how you can make such a statement like that when you have never met me. As for you saying that I tell people that they are lying you are VERY much mistaken. But I will say one thing I speak as they speak to me. So whoever you are learn how to speak to your elders.
                              This is proof it isn't Roy. I have met you twice and had two lessons from you that completely ruined my game and I had to 'unlearn' to progress (which I now have luckily).......but surely i don't understand the game and I bought my own table just to waste my money and break my back building it.
                              Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                                This is proof it isn't Roy. I have met you twice and had two lessons from you that completely ruined my game and I had to 'unlearn' to progress (which I now have luckily).......but surely i don't understand the game and I bought my own table just to waste my money and break my back building it.
                                Then whoever you are, you know that I am not a rude man in the slightest, and if you had two sessions with me and did not learn I will return your cash with the greatest of pleasure. As for the remarks you made about me, I would like all those that are interested in this quote to contact or visit the Green Baize Wallesdown, Bournemouth, and ask about Roy. P.S.. After that I wish you a full recovery on your back. ROY OF snooker Secrets.

Comment

Working...
                                X