Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    potting with side doesn't make it easier. You're wrong and very much deluded. Having been involved in snooker for 74 years it appears you don't know as much as you think you do.
    You aren't understanding what he is saying. Centre ball is exceptionally difficult, and rarely achieved.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      It is slightly odd that he would name himself after a Chinese Hip Hop star, and not Roy Chisholm.

A 74 year old Gangstar in da house
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Can't think of many internet trolls who'd quite happily give you their email and phone number. Let's keep it respectful people and make sure this forum doesn't stoop to new lows.

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
          A 74 year old Gangstar in da house
          Roy Chisholm is actually 87 years old now........
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Roy Chisholm is actually 87 years old now........

Even more impressive banging out them tunes

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
              Can't think of many internet trolls who'd quite happily give you their email and phone number. Let's keep it respectful people and make sure this forum doesn't stoop to new lows.

I'm pretty sure calling someone a troll doesn't get into the top 100 of lows on here, not even close

Wibble

Comment

http://www.alrocco.com/ If this cartoon depiction is accurate, I don't know why he even bothers playing snooker, side spin or not.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA_6L7Kas1I

Interesting video by Barry in regards to centre ball striking

Comment

First of all I would like to let you all know that I think Barry is a fantastic coach. BUT it goes to prove that my thoughts of striking are correct, even Barry showing centre ball striking has put unintentional side on cue ball but passed onto next shot without comment. Anyone else noticed? If you did not notice, he played first shot central striking, second shot played with central striking but a bit lower on cue ball, if he had played second shot lower on cue ball it would have have gone further down the rail, but it went SHORTER therefore telling me he had unintentionally put side on cue ball. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Ok, so he got unintentional side on a few shots.
                      But if he played the shot with deliberate bit of side (right in this case), he would still produce the same cueing error, i.e. he'd get either more or less spin than intended on some shots.
                      Not sure how using side more often then one is accustomed to would somehow mask cueing errors and improve potting.
                      For me, the player can either deliver that cue or he can't. If he can't, no amount of compensations will help him. If he can, he'll pot a lot of balls whether he's faced with a side shot, centre ball shot, straight in, angled...whatever.

Comment

Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
                        First of all I would like to let you all know that I think Barry is a fantastic coach. BUT it goes to prove that my thoughts of striking are correct, even Barry showing centre ball striking has put unintentional side on cue ball but passed onto next shot without comment. Anyone else noticed? If you did not notice, he played first shot central striking, second shot played with central striking but a bit lower on cue ball, if he had played second shot lower on cue ball it would have have gone further down the rail, but it went SHORTER therefore telling me he had unintentionally put side on cue ball. Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                        thanks for that roy but didnt notice the shot, though i did pay attention to what he was saying and im pretty much n full agreement, especially when it comes to good am/pro conditions.

Comment

As I have always said if you play with intentional side you will get to the area you want. Thanks for comment though much appreciated.

Comment

As Terry said this 'system' is based on the idea that it's so hard to hit true centre ball then we may aswell go ahead and apply side to all pots but the theory falls down as the throw of the side and the pace of the shot would vary the same way due to being unable to deliver the cue at the point you intended on the white.

The simplest solution is to get your accuracy of hitting centre white as high as possible, for cue ball control and break building you shouldn't be using the cushions where possible to make matters simple the current object ball should always be striving to get the correct angle to the next ball so you can just play a series of simple screw and stun shots I don't see the point in guys who want to play with side all the time.

It's like folk who go to martial arts to learn 17 different systems & know all these complicated ridiculous moves that would never work in a fight then they come up against some local hoodie he punches him once firmly in the face knocks him out and the 'expert' martial artist is left bemused why he got a doing.

Folk who say use side on every shot are complicating the whole issue of snooker and put simply you'll wind up with a doing if you come against a good centre ball striker cos he wont be thinking about all the side compensation that you are on every single shot. And for the avoidance of all doubt the guys that choose to play plain ball on 80% of shots can judge the throw of side just aswell as you can on the 15-20% of shots that it's used but because the percentage of these shots are lower than guys wanting to use side every second shot the chances of missing one are lower cos they are used infrequently.

Comment

Sorry but as someone who got to a really good standard playing on really slow club tables which made me think I needed to play with side to move the white around on almost every shot. I can tell you to quote ROS it's a disease as each table plays differently in terms of throw. This means different levels of compensation to make pots are required which in turn results in you steering pots and you don't get through the white properly. It took me along time to get out of this habit and I am sure if I got out of the habit in my younger years it would have given me a real chance to play at the top level. yes I scored really heavy when confident playing with side on most shots but as soon as any confidence/timing went the extra variable of the throw allowance exacerbated bad misses and actually made me go from a young good cueist to twitching worse than Tony Drago!!

Comment

You know, Terry and many many coaches and players still don't get it, and am afraid they never will, again all I can say is EVERYONE plays with unintentional side. This I can prove beyond any shadow of a doubt. It looks like to me that they are just using this site as a place of argumentative amusement. All i can say this system of mine makes the game much easier to learn and then to develop there own way. Terry should not decry it because it is not his way of playing or teaching. I myself have had uncountable hundreds my highest being 137, and at the age of 85 put together in the Dorset Seniors of which I won a break of 69. Also students who come to me not being able to cue correctly, not being able to pot the simplest of balls, within the space of a 1 hour lesson are potting 8 out of10. Using run through, stun and screw back. Anyway thanks for comment, it is all good for snooker. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Working...
                                X