Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of darts.

If i say to aim for the bullseye - and the dart goes in the bullseye but left or right, is that still not the bullseye?

Could say the same thing for snooker: Aim left of the centre or right of centre within the centre but it's not dead centre, but it's still centre!

It's not side, it's left of centre, or right of centre...
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
      It's what all the top golfers do too...aim for the bunker to hit the green.darts too, aim for the 1 to hit the 20.���� utter nonsense.
      and archers and shotters, you find your spot of aim that will give the point you want to hit; but it is more of the direction off (usually to me I use clockface) and a certain distance - for me say going for treble twenty I would be aiming for middle double 5, I found in archery and shooting I would be the same 11o/c and some distance up and I would hit the centre.
      This is very personal and not definitive for everyone.

But I don't do this in cue sports, I use side when I am after side to affect the position, and not for every shot, I try to delivery the cue straight as much as possible (not every time but... :biggrin
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
        I gave it time (there was a long period between my 1st and 2nd session with Roy) and it diminished my game badly which is why I was testing Roy out with my shots on the 2nd session and he failed to pick up on it with the middle red exercise. I also do not agree the balls naturally throw unless we are back on the 1980's nap. They certainly don't on my table anyway and if i miss, I know exactly why I have missed and its not because the ball threw and my aiming was initially correct. Like I say, I want to hear from an actual professional on here about all of this.
        I'd be very surprised if a pro comments on this drivel, just like you wouldn't hear a mathematical reason with an idiot that 2+2 isn't 7002.
        H.b.142

Comment

I'd be very surprised if a pro comments on this drivel, just like you wouldn't hear a mathematical reason with an idiot that 2+2 isn't 7002.
          Pros have already commented on what you term this so called "drivel" - on Eurosport!

Mainly saying that some of them have trouble finding dead centre of the cue ball!

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
            Pros have already commented on what you term this so called "drivel" - on Eurosport!

Mainly saying that some of them have trouble finding dead centre of the cue ball!
            I presume you're referring to sightrite or similar...what roys Secret's are is a million miles(or just off centre.lol) of that...Listen, I know we won't convert you, so good luck and enjoy yr snooker.
            H.b.142

Comment

Exactly why I said it because no professional will bother as it is complete drivel and I know some pro's are lurking on here with anonymous usernames. The day we get a pro coming on here saying Roy is right with all of his methods and we should always aim to miss the pocket and apply side EVERY time because nobody ever hits the centre on the cue ball, I'll burn my table. (it IS side Chris). The closing argument has already been said on here is that if we now apply say purposeful slight right hand side to every shot, who is to say we are hitting the same part of the white every time thus applying the exact same right hand side and getting the adjustment on the potting angle right? According to Roy's theories, this would also apply. If we can't hit centre ball every time are we expected to hit the same area of the white on the right side every time then? Bollocks.
              Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Exactly why I said it because no professional will bother as it is complete drivel and I know some pro's are lurking on here with anonymous usernames. The day we get a pro coming on here saying Roy is right with all of his methods and we should always aim to miss the pocket and apply side EVERY time because nobody ever hits the centre on the cue ball, I'll burn my table. (it IS side Chris). The closing argument has already been said on here is that if we now apply say purposeful slight right hand side to every shot, who is to say we are hitting the same part of the white every time thus applying the exact same right hand side and getting the adjustment on the potting angle right? According to Roy's theories, this would also apply. If we can't hit centre ball every time are we expected to hit the same area of the white on the right side every time then? Bollocks.
                Bang on.nailed it.done.
                H.b.142

Comment

Yep, some of them. Not every damn snooker player on the planet. For those that can't, that is their problem to solve and i would suggest they try and work out how to hit dead centre cueball rather then just say "Ok, well I will never hit the dead centre again then". Its just been mentioned.....SightRight. Mark Williams has even said its all about centre lining and he at the moment is the example of perfect sighting and cueing and I can tell you now, he is not using side every shot and aiming to miss the centre of the pocket. But as Lennon11 says, if it works for you Chris and you are enjoying your game which you clearly are, then good! We all have to find our own way of making it right and enjoyable.
                  Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Yep, some of them. Not every damn snooker player on the planet. For those that can't, that is their problem to solve and i would suggest they try and work out how to hit dead centre cueball rather then just say "Ok, well I will never hit the dead centre again then". Its just been mentioned.....SightRight. Mark Williams has even said its all about centre lining and he at the moment is the example of perfect sighting and cueing and I can tell you now, he is not using side every shot and aiming to miss the centre of the pocket. But as Lennon11 says, if it works for you Chris and you are enjoying your game which you clearly are, then good! We all have to find our own way of making it right and enjoyable.
                    I've actually got the SightRight app on my tablet so I know a little bit about what it's all about as well. SR and SS are granted not the same but one thing they do have in common is, it's all about how you see the shot on approach. They do indeed throw the textbook out of the window to the dogam that you have to have your right leg or left leg on the line of the shot...

I believe Williams lines up more central now, to what he used to...Or atleast that is what he said on Eurosport re SR

Comment

• Chris, can I just ask what your standard is?

Are you making regular tons and all that?

Because if you're not... Claiming that this works for you is absolute nonsense coz you're not at the standard where you can claim anything works properly.

Comment

Speaking of darts.

If i say to aim for the bullseye - and the dart goes in the bullseye but left or right, is that still not the bullseye?

Could say the same thing for snooker: Aim left of the centre or right of centre within the centre but it's not dead centre, but it's still centre!

It's not side, it's left of centre, or right of centre...
                        The issue here is not aiming with left or right, what is being said is that no one could hit centre ball so why not aim with side. so my question is if you can't hit centre and you want to aim with lets say half a tip of left hand side, how do you know you or actually hitting half a tip left hand side?. because if you can't hit centre accurately you can't aim with side accurately either. which means you will get a different reaction from the cueball.

in my opinion its best to learn how to aim using centre ball and ok maybe you won't hit it 100/100 but at least with practice you will get the majority and on those you don't you may still pot the ball albeit in a different part of the pocket.
                        Last edited by alabadi; 22 February 2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• I think 'hitting centre ball' is overrated anyway. In snooker we want perfection and to be as precise as possible however we don't have to be 100% precise. There is a margin for error and quite a large one.
                          I believe I hit centre ball on the majority of shots, of course this may not be true and Pottr will probably say 'Tom you're nowhere near centre ball' from seeing me play every week.

I played on a star table Tuesday evening and in the last frame after 7 pints I had 84 before rattling the last red along the black cush.... If I can make 84 on a tight star table after 7 Stowfords then that's proof enough
                          that centre ball striking isn't essential as there's no way I was hitting centre ball during that break, i'm a lightweight.

This nonsense of playing shots with side is ridiculous. I still believe the best most in control breaks are made when you're bang in position playing little stuns aiming up and down the centre (near centre) of the cue ball. That's certainly what I see when watching the TV and what the likes of Ronnie have stated.

Chris - when you're making regular centuries let us all know and maybe we'll take the book seriously. As Pottr said above its difficult to endorse something fully when you're not seeing groundbreaking results. My impression is that you're probably more keen on the game at the moment possibly due to following the book and would see improvements regardless of following this book or the advice of others simply due to playing more often than before...correct me if i'm wrong.
                          My advice to you would be to play better players, watch what they do and recreate it. Roy's snooker secrets should have been kept a bigger secret and not published at all as telling players to use side is more of a hindrance than anything else and i'm sure the better players on this forum will agree.
                          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Is that the big snooker secret? Use side when you don't need to?

What a load of old bollocks that is... Christ, you should call that book 'How to **** up someone who is keen on snooker and cripple their ability to ever get good'

It's really not where you hit the ball... It's how clean you can hit it.
                            Last edited by pottr; 22 February 2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

I played on a star table Tuesday evening and in the last frame after 7 pints I had 84 before rattling the last red along the black cush.... If I can make 84 on a tight star table after 7 Stowfords then that's proof enough
                              that centre ball striking isn't essential as there's no way I was hitting centre ball during that break, i'm a lightweight.
                              Tom i bet that even if you weren't hitting centre ball on every shot you were aiming at the pocket and not at the knuckle like Roy's secrets book advices

Comment

• Aim at the knuckle? It's not ****ing 9 ball!

How on Earth has this clown got so much traction on these threads? Aim at the knuckle? What?!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X