Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    Roy come on....the guys could go to town on you on here and I think things have been fairly respectful so far.
    absolutely. The only person agreeing with Roy's 'secrets' is a guy with a high break of 40.
    All the players who have made centuries regard it as rubbish.
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by travisbickle
      I’m not a fan of Roy’s, but anyone on here saying they aim for the pocket when using side is asking for trouble.

I don't think anyone has remotely suggested that on here. We all know when using side we have to compensate but only use it when needed! Not every damn shot. Otherwise I believe we all get by just fine with centre ball screw, stuns and follow through striking aiming for the centre of the pocket. But according to Roy, this is impossible as nobody hits centre ball so there is no way we can aim for the centre pocket. With that in mind, I'm the flukiest player alive then.
      Hi, just to let you know that YOU put side on almost every ball you strike! But if you are close to object ball or object ball is near to pocket it doesn't matter how you strike as there is no distance between balls, but get over 18 inches from object ball have a look at the difference it makes. Place red level with pink spot, cue ball around D dead straight, try to pot it then tell me what happened. You put side on cb,or you did not hit centre of object ball.Will give you 3 goes, let me know.Roy of Snooker Secrets. Oh by the way if you do it once, you are the flukiest player alive. Good Luck.

Comment

Roy come on....the guys could go to town on you on here and I think things have been fairly respectful so far.
        I'm sure they could, but everything that I say is a fact, if they don't understand they only have to ask. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• I think the best way I can reason this is, the players on here who have managed to get themselves to a good standard(regular ton makers) know Roy's secrets is utter rubbish, but the odd one still scratching around to make 30 think it's working.
          Practice sound technique and patterns of play is the way to get better, ita all pretty straight forward.
          H.b.142

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
            absolutely. The only person agreeing with Roy's 'secrets' is a guy with a high break of 40.
            All the players who have made centuries regard it as rubbish.
            Study the century break players instead of asking them, they ALL use side,by side I mean just off centre. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
              I think the best way I can reason this is, the players on here who have managed to get themselves to a good standard(regular ton makers) know Roy's secrets is utter rubbish, but the odd one still scratching around to make 30 think it's working.
              Practice sound technique and patterns of play is the way to get better, ita all pretty straight forward.
              Just to let you know Barry West ex professional just before retiring asked me to show him my technique as he was finding it hard to practice, 2 days after he rang me with excitement in his voice saying that he could not miss and had got his will to practice back. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
                Ah now I know who you are, just to answer the statement you have just made, as I have already stated in previous messages, I have explained how the game has changed over the years and have had to keep up with them, I first started playing with ivory balls in the Joe Davis era, have seen MANY changes, but have adapted to them. When you say the balls threw on heavier napped cloths you have also got to remember the cue ball was MUCH heavier, then without going through all the changes over the years, I have had the experiance of ALL those changes. Also in those years I was just an ordinary player not looking for all the secrets of the game. What you DONT realize is that 99% of club players are still playing on club cloths which are much heavier, and are trying to do what the professionals are doing. It is impossible. As i said to you at the time of my visit to you was how responsive the balls and table was, of course you have to reajust to many things as EVERYTHING has to be adjusted , when I say everything I MEAN everything. So count yourself as one of the lucky ones, and on that table of yours you should be an accomplished player by now, if not give me a call. So perhaps what we have just gone through you should let it sink in . All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets
                I was never hiding who i was Roy! If you know me, my signature gives it away clearly (especially the cabin bit). I honestly don't want to apply side and aim for the knuckle with every shot. I don't want to learn that way and when i reverted back to aiming for the pocket and centre ball striking, my game improved. I use side as and when i need to. No, i am not an accomplished player. I've only had my table since September and being a full time musician, I need to prioritise my music as that pays the bills and I'm lucky if I get 2 days off a month. Snooker is just a massive passion and something I gradually want to improve on and build to my first ton and be consistent. I'm better then i was 3 or 4 months ago so this is progress.
                Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Just to let you know Barry West ex professional just before retiring asked me to show him my technique as he was finding it hard to practice, 2 days after he rang me with excitement in his voice saying that he could not miss and had got his will to practice back. Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                  I'm glad it works for some Roy, but clearly by this thread, that is just 'some'. You also have to accept it doesn't work for everyone and that includes myself. I'm a nobody. We have regular ton makers on here and they clearly are saying they are hitting centre ball and using side whenever its needed. You have to accept that too Roy. Its like me saying you never have to play barre chords because Jimi Hendrix never used them.
                  Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Not according to Shaun Murphy , who said exactly that the other week .
                    I've played him twice and seen him play in the flesh about 10/15 times or so... He doesn't use side on every shot. Categorically.

Hi, just to let you know that YOU put side on almost every ball you strike!
                    Nope... unless your eyes are slow motion microscopes in which case, yes.... But they're not.

but get over 18 inches from object ball have a look at the difference it makes. Place red level with pink spot, cue ball around D dead straight, try to pot it then tell me what happened. You put side on cb,or you did not hit centre of object ball.Will give you 3 goes, let me know
                    I potted three in a row and then went and had a subway with extra chorizo??? I don't get your point??? Should I have gone for the nachos instead?

Study the century break players instead of asking them, they ALL use side,by side I mean just off centre
                    And by that you mean the part of the ball we hit when we're trying to hit centre but we're not machines... Wow, what a coach... unbelievable... Do something that you have to do anyway by design... Inspirational stuff.

Yup... That's 27 times champion of the world Bazza 'The Adonis' West

Reminds me of the time just yesterday before he was retiring I told old Gazza Senna to whistle the tune of MASH when he cued... He rang me this morning to say it was the best he'd ever played ever... I shed a tear.

I'm glad it works for some Roy, but clearly by this thread, that is just 'some'. You also have to accept it doesn't work for everyone and that includes myself. I'm a nobody. We have regular ton makers on here and they clearly are saying they are hitting centre ball and using side whenever its needed. You have to accept that too Roy. Its like me saying you never have to play barre chords because Jimi Hendrix never used them.
                    I'm still waiting for the example of someone it works for? We've got a guy on here who can't take ten reds on a line out... Anyone else? Apart from Old Westy, who doesn't have internet anymore and can't comment... Unfortunately x

P.S I'm on the rum tonight... I will likely be posting drivel... I apologise for the upcoming ban x

Comment

Its like me saying you never have to play barre chords because Jimi Hendrix never used them.
                      only he did but not like Rick Parfitt

hendrix barre chord (2).jpg Rick Parfitt barre chord (2).jpg

Which goes to show you can go by the textbook or find your own way.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Which goes to show you can go by the textbook or go your own way.

That's what Fleetwood Mac did...

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                          only he did but not like Rick Parfitt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19033[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19034[/ATTACH]

Which goes to show you can go by the textbook or find your own way.
                          Well yes, that's the standard way of doing it. Hendrix never played them like that. Anyway, it was an example to say to Roy that it's not just "his" way because he refuses to accept any other way and just then says we are uneducated and know nothing about snooker.

Comment

You know in every village, every town every city there are local champions, who think that are going to be professionals, also in every sport there are changes in technique that players will not take on board, that is why they are local champions, get my gist?

Comment

Well yes, that's the standard way of doing it. Hendrix never played them like that. Anyway, it was an example to say to Roy that it's not just "his" way because he refuses to accept any other way and just then says we are uneducated and know nothing about snooker.
                              Some of these replies do make me think.

Comment

Some of these replies do make me think.
                                I have never said there was no other way at any time, there are many techniques, mine is just one of them, which in my eyes makes the game much easier to learn, and to put into anyone's game by which they can improve, you yourself without you knowing it are using it. Best of luck. Roy of Snooker Secrets

Comment

Working...
                                X