hello from a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from a new member

I have been playing snooker for over 40 years and been coaching for over 30 years, resently becoming a WSA grade 'a' coach, most of my coaching is done abroad, my favourate player of all time is steve davis, he is not only the complete player but is a gentleman as well.

Hello there Welcome to TSF

Comment

hi and welcome!

and i share your opinion about steve davis.

Comment

Welcome Old Man

I also concur. Steve Davis and Snooker go together like Roast Beef and a fine bottle of Claret.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

or like tofu and white bordeaux?

...i´m vegetarian...

DON´T SHOOT!!!

Comment

hello old man!(not!)
            Welcome to the forum! Good choice of favourite old player as well

Comment

Originally Posted by old man snooker
              I have been playing snooker for over 40 years and been coaching for over 30 years, resently becoming a WSA grade 'a' coach, most of my coaching is done abroad.
              Do I recognise that distinctive accent?

Tim Dunkley (WSA coach Grade C) who can only aspire to the exaulted heights of Grade A
              http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Hi there,

Welcome to TSF. I agree with you about Steve Davis. He is the all-time great so far. Hopefully, I can refer to you about technical side of the game in the future.

Enjoy yourself here! Take care

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy yourself here

Comment

Hey old man snooker

.........and welcome to tsf, and enjoy yourself here..

Lol.....xx
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello SNOOKERDAD (Tim) we had quite a bit of fun doing the WSA course, how has your coaching altered since doing the course, mine has changed quite dramatically, especially coaching professionals.

Comment

I've had to start all over again. Most of what I believed in was blown out of the water. I just hope I can pass on the message to the youngsters at Chandler's Ford. The trouble is, I have to tell them "do as I say, not, do as I do."

The WSA course was two of the best days of my life. A complete eye-opener. Jimmy Greaves always said: "Football's a funny old game." He sould have been at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield in March.

Tim

Comment

Just out of interest how do you go about coaching and getting on this course and what sort of standard player do you need to be to be an effective coach?

I have seen a few coaches at professional tournaments, e.g. in the cuezone section and what I have seen and heard from them I don't think they know anymore than I do about technique.

Comment

Contact the World Snooker Association. Details are on their Web site.

I am not a good player. Far from it. Most are, but that is not a pre-requisite.

You have to fit one of the categories. The top one is being an ex-pro down to a person who can provide a decent snooker-based reference.

I thoroughly recommend it.

Tim Dunkley

Comment

Working...
                            X