No announcement yet.

Snooker shoot out 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the fast moving society that life in the western world has become. This event is a fantastic showcase to get young, new individuals playing and being a part of snooker.
    The idea that only the WC can be a showcase for the game we all love is not only foolish but very naive.
    ---
    And because WS want this event to act as a showcase, they need the players to fully support and be committed to this showcase. Hence payday and ranking points.
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

If I want fast paced sport I will watch a fast paced sport. Speed does not automatically equal excitement or create interest where there was little or none previously.
      The idea that someone flicking through the channels on TV that is not interested in snooker will become a fan because there is less time between some players taking shots (some are quickly down on the next shot in normal games anyway) seems a bit crazy to me.
      Picture this "hey mate I got some tickets for the snooker, I know you don't like snooker but this is different they wear t shirts, have an alarm when players take too long and you can shout at them."
      If someone does stop to watch on TV how long until the shot clock warning sound gets them to turn over?
      I like snooker and no way could I watch without it on mute.
      The Sunday park football jerseys are really cool though (not). That will bring new viewers wont it?
      The same colour top as well I bet that helps the new viewers "hey look the guy in blue is wining now come on blues Coral Coral Coral......"
      New and different does not automatically equal good, create a new market or bring new interest.
      If all of the premier league football teams did a one off 5 a side competition every year, it would not count towards who would win the Prem or qualify for the champions league .
      Have the competition by all means, but not with ranking points.
      Snooker as a whole not just the professional game is lacking behind other sports and other forms of entertainment in terms of moving with the times. This competition is not really addressing any of them

Comment

A showcase. Simple.
        Within this showcase there are adverts every 10 minutes. An advertisers dream...
        The depth of demographic statistics and analysis just from this one showcase is unmeasurable to the experts who know about how TV and entertainment works.
        ---
        None of us are experts in the world of international entertainment (I apologise if some on this forum are experts) or how TV really works... So why have an opinion?
        Let the experts do what they need to do in order to grow the game we love. Simple really.
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019

Comment

Snooker shoot out 2018

just got a world snooker update titled Hawkins whitewashs Murphy for crucial win haha can you really call one frame a whitewash

Comment

It’s fun to watch. But a showcase for the future of the sport. I’ll call bollocks on that one.

Comment

Originally Posted by jay686 View Post
              It’s fun to watch. But a showcase for the future of the sport. I’ll call bollocks on that one.
              Well until someone comes up with any other original ideas, I'm guessing bollocks are on the menu...
              And the majority of players are dining out.
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
                just got a world snooker update titled Hawkins whitewashs Murphy for crucial win haha can you really call one frame a whitewash
                Err yes
                Murphy didn't score a single point so he was whitewashed

Comment

Ive been watching. Now have the urge to buy a load of Freddie Flintoff figures though.

Comment

Originally Posted by You've Been Framed View Post
                    Ive been watching. Now have the urge to buy a load of Freddie Flintoff figures though.
                    I've had the urge to paint the spare room.

Comment

I thought this Johal guy had big eyebrows, turns out its just the tops of his glasses.

Comment

Why was amateur Wayne Brown playing? Did he win a raffle or something?

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                          Why was amateur Wayne Brown playing? Did he win a raffle or something?
                          When a pro does not enter they fill the places with the top amateurs on the year listing.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hell of a gulf then between top ams and pro's. And how many pies has Leo Fernandez eaten?

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                              Hell of a gulf then between top ams and pro's. And how many pies has Leo Fernandez eaten?
                              No there isn't.

Top pro's and top ams maybe.

Comment

Every year I try to watch it and every year I get infuriated with the crowd. Turning the volume down doesn't help because I know the player is hearing it. I watched a few matches tonight and there are clearly groups of people in the audience who are just there to drink and make noise. This is not what the game is about and I've noticed they will cheer and boo at completely random times. It's like they will say to each other "right, after the next shot we all all boo ok lads" or "right, after the next shot we all all cheer ok lads" or "right, after the next shot we all act like total twats ok lads".

The referee has no control in this tournament which is what bugs me the most and I feel sorry for the genuine fans who are there that I recognise from being at every other tournament. The more I watch it the more I think what a great tournament it could be but the laid back approach that lets the crowd shout out is a big no no.
                                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                                X