Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Moscow, Russia. I have a Q to figure it out with pros....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Moscow, Russia. I have a Q to figure it out with pros....

Hello Friends !

I live in Moscow, but I've got a question from friend of mine, which have to be answered by a pros, not by me. I hope, you'll help me...

My friend is looking for setting up a biliard club in London, equipped with Snooker and Russin Tables, 4 of them each.

The question is - will English people play Russian billiard ? If not, why ? My friend has no billiard expirience, I must help him.

If you need some info about Russain billiard, please ask

Many thanks in advance

To add understanding
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ss6uJgVpc
    here girls playing "free pyramide" game, easiest one. You can pot any ball, including cue ball. Game ends on 8-th in row ball

Comment

Please, start from 15:07

Comment

One more video with snooker routine practice
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFRqbYRdYw

As you can see, almost all identical, 12ft table? only balls and pockets are bit different.

Comment

No, people in England do not play this game. Not many people will even know anything about it.
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Many thanks. I clearly understand, that this kind of billiard is not known in UK. Let's change the Question - if you could play on this table with proper cues, would you try ? Would it be more difficult for you ? Most important here is to get inner impression from local people. Marketing issues are not in our scope of interest. Thank you !!

Comment

market research the local (and a bit beyond) area to see what other clubs have and their clientele preference.
              advertise when opening in the local papers and local websites.
              get local reporters involved for an interview and get free advertisement

to answer your question - if I walked in and the table was there and free I may give the game a go...
              always wished a club near me had a carom table so I could give that a go
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Tedisbill and DeanH, thanks again!! As to the ads and etc., that is clear and obvious. Most important here - to get clear understanding, what is local's approach to a such game-pocketing balls here much harder. Both of us have absolute zero in heads, what loclas would do with such tables )) If pockets very tight, whould people play ?

I've got initial picture, will continue with small survey - Dear players ! Please tell me, would you try and keep playing it ?

By the way - if someone visits Moscow, I could give a tour and play it

Comment

If I couldn't get a snooker table to play on in that club I certainly would give Russian billiards a go , why on earth not .

A bit off topic , just to add and this isn't a complaint , the Hurricane snooker club in Acton had a Russian billiards table a few years ago and I asked if I could play snooker on it as it still looked better to play on than their snooker tables , I wasn't allowed but I'd still prefer to play snooker on a well maintained Russian billiards table than a cheap knackered snooker table.
                  Last edited by trains; 18 May 2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

a few years ago I had an opportunity to got to Moscow for a week to train the local office and I was hoping to see a Russian pyramids table but the local team took me to so many places and their own homes, I never saw any cue sport clubs
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I would definitely try it but the game isn't really played much outside of Russia. I think there are tables in New York.

Difficulty of the pockets isn't really a factor, we are all snooker players so we like a challenge

Comment

The game is interesting.

Comment

Thank all of you guys !!
                          Now I think one Russian table is more than enough for my friend to start from.

Comment

I'm sure many would play Russian billiards if given the chance.
                            Some of the cues are beautiful and some players would learn and play even just to add to their cue collection...
                            Sign me up!
                            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019
                            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Ok, if club will be eventually opened, I'll give a hint
                              As to the cues - moreless good hand made cue starts from 450-500 US Dollars equivalent.... Really good goes from 700 US and higher. Not a cheap hobby...

Comment

Working...
                              X