X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Hungary

Hello guys!

First of all, sorry for my english.

I started to play snooker at last week, and I felt in love. I started to played pool at this year's march. I have anxiety, so I searched a new hobby, and I dont know what should I say. I can't explain what I feel when I play, its just help me to forget every bad things in my life.

Now I have my own pool set:
    1. cuetec cue
    2. noname pool glove
    3. 12 box of longoni blue diamong chalk
    4. 2+3 pool case

and I still love pool, I will play it with my friends a friday, but snooker is different. Its first sight love. So the point of story, I hired a couch, the first lesson will be on Saturday. I am really excited. He will help me to choose the best cue for me. I already bought few box of triangle chalk, elk masters and brunwick tip. I will buy a case, and cue at the next week. I have goal to start at amateur race in the future, but for first, I just want to play a lot as I can. I won my job position, and next my new company has a snooker hall, so I am happy with that, haha. I bought Ronnie O'Sullivan books the autobiography and the "Running", and the last is helped me a lot. I started to go to run every morning, and I feel bit less anxious. So, I just want to say thank you for this awesome sport.

welcome to TSF

Are there many amateur snooker competitions ("race") in Hungary?
    Very lucky with your new company having a snooker hall next door!

Good luck with the coach on Saturday, let us know how it went
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you!

Not much, but clubs organize small "tournaments", but we had 13 national races in this year.

Yea, I am really happy with that. I live next to mall, and the coach told me it has a snooker club, I didn't knew before, so I am a bit surprised because this is one of the best snooker hall in Hungary. (The club: https://www.terminalsnooker.hu/en/)

Thank you, I will.

Comment

Excellent stuff , anything that helps your anxiety is a great thing ………..but don't get too frustrated when things don't go well on the table !!

Any idea what sort of snooker cue you are going to buy ?
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I am not get frustrated, I am not sure why. I have social anxiety, manager syndrome, whitecoat syndrome, and globus syndrome (yea, I "won" these all) but when I play on table, I feel happy, and free. I am focusing to the shoot, and balls, and I don't know.

Yes, I have: https://www.rileyleisure.com/product...ebony-series-4

But the coach told me he will bring some different cues to the lesson, and I can test different weight, to find which is the best for me. He is really polite, and he has WPBPSA cert, so I trust him.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            welcome to TSF

Good luck with the coach on Saturday, let us know how it went
            It was awesome. I learned lot of things. I just feel more love about snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by G3ph4z View Post
              It was awesome. I learned lot of things. I just feel more love about snooker.
              that is all you need

glad the coaching went well.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Szia G3, I am a snooker fan too and I live in Hungary too. I am from Germany and because I love snooker so much I bought a house in Zala megye and have my own full size snooker table here

https://postimg.cc/K1Hpbxjp

I am sad that the distance to Budapest is so big. I would love to go there and play tournaments, which I used to do in Germany a lot.

I discovered Peter Ebdon on the galery photos of terminal snooker club.
                Last edited by herbie; 22 September 2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                  Szia G3, I am a snooker fan too and I live in Hungary too. I am from Germany and because I love snooker so much I bought a house in Zala megye and have my own full size snooker table here . Iam sad that the distance to Budapest is so big. I would love to go there and play tournaments, which I used to do in Germany a lot.
                  Szia herbie, thats might awesome. I only chance to play snooker is go to snooker hall, its not bad, its just a bit expensive if I want to play 10-12 hours / week. It would be cool if you live in budapest, because then we could play snooker together.
                  You will go to IV. Snooker Gala? at 2019 Jan 26

Comment

"I can't explain what I feel when I play, its just help me to forget every bad things in my life", same thoughts here, the feeling of being one with the cue, table and balls. 27 years playing and still enjoying and welcome to the forum !

Comment

Working...
                    X