Help the new guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help the new guy?

Hi all. Wondering if you can help me out. I’m looking to buy a cue craft cue, the pc3 3/4 model specifically. I am gonna get it made with the joint in the butt as well, but I was wondering if there is anything I can use to protect that joint? A rubber butt protector like Peradon have?

Hello, pls help me out
    I got a doubt.. I am a beginner and capable of 20 break.. I used to play regularly but suddenly on someday when I hold the cue I get an awkward feeling by gripping itself I am not gonna play shots comfortably and I end up playing bad with a lot of miscue during screw shots.. Is that common to all players?
    Another doubt is, my cue action is a little bit odd.. When I am cueing my hand is not straight behind my head it comes a lot outside but still I play shots properly but when I try to adjust my hand to fit straight back to my head I feel a lot uncomfortable.. Is this a major problem, should I change my cue action?

Comment

Originally Posted by ashelf View Post
      Hello, pls help me out
      I got a doubt.. I am a beginner and capable of 20 break.. I used to play regularly but suddenly on someday when I hold the cue I get an awkward feeling by gripping itself I am not gonna play shots comfortably and I end up playing bad with a lot of miscue during screw shots.. Is that common to all players?
      Another doubt is, my cue action is a little bit odd.. When I am cueing my hand is not straight behind my head it comes a lot outside but still I play shots properly but when I try to adjust my hand to fit straight back to my head I feel a lot uncomfortable.. Is this a major problem, should I change my cue action?
      Have a care!
      multiple posting of the same text can be taken for a spammer and will be deleted as such.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Have a care!
        multiple posting of the same text can be taken for a spammer and will be deleted as such.
        Go easy on him Dean. I think ashelf could be useful to have around Sorry

Comment

I can use a few myself
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You can get nylon/plastic butt protectors on ebay or from the Woods cues website, but only for specific joints. I don't know what Cue Craft use, so check with them first.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
              You can get nylon/plastic butt protectors on ebay or from the Woods cues website, but only for specific joints. I don't know what Cue Craft use, so check with them first.
              Cheers. I’ve had a look on their website, but couldn’t find anything about them. I was tempted to buy a Peradon plastic protector and cut it down, but I’m not sure it it would work.

Comment

Pretty sure peradons only fit their own cues. If Cue Craft have extensions on their website have a look at the photos of those. These fit a lot of cues:

https://www.woodscues.com/products/s...ted-woods-cues

Comment

Cheers for the help. I’ll be sure to check them out.

Comment

Originally Posted by Poolrookie View Post
                    Cheers. I’ve had a look on their website, but couldn’t find anything about them. I was tempted to buy a Peradon plastic protector and cut it down, but I’m not sure it it would work.
                    it is the definition of something you don't need, just treat your cue with respect.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

They don't really do much to protect the joint, but if you don't use an extension you can use them if your club carpet is a touch 'sticky'

Comment

Working...
                      X