Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New & addicted

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and new to the game, I saw a snooker table for the first time 10 months ago and I got addicted because... It's demanding: the game is not trivial (keeps my mind away from unhealthy stuff, like work) and the table is unforgiving (technique matters so much)...
    I like watching the pros but playing is really what pulled me here.
    I keep on struggling with the regular temptation of buying a new cue (anyone with the same disease here?) which explains why I have 3 (and why I will never be consistent...).
    I live in Norwich, Norfolk (anyone close?).
    All the best!
    Zelig

welcome to TSF Zelig
    welcome to the wonderful world of snooker

and yes there are many on here who also have your compulsion of cue buying, whether to try and find "the one" or for collecting things of beauty
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you DeanH,
      I guess I belong to the category looking for "the one" (although you never know at this stage: quite hard to understand when you are still learning the basics, maybe the cue just doesn't matter for performance, it's my other me who likes the object).
      Best

Comment

A MUST watch for those who keep on buying cues including myself

https://ibb.co/pyzMJs9
        Last edited by fkhan; 27 January 2019, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          A MUST watch for those who keep on buying cues including myself

https://ibb.co/pyzMJs9
          That is brilliant! And revealing: the red area is the excuse I tell my wife, the purple area is the excuse I tell myself, the green area might be the truth.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
            That is brilliant! And revealing: the red area is the excuse I tell my wife, the purple area is the excuse I tell myself, the green area might be the truth.
            Lol. I am more in the who knows category.

Comment

Working...
            X