Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone.

I am Dave and in one way or another I have been playing snooker (and pool) since I was about 8. I didn't actually progress to snooker until I was 16 and then i met my future wife and stopped playing all together so never got that good.

Just got back into playing regularly and am getting that action back again.

Well I think that's it for my introduction.

Oh, my favourite players are:

Jimmy White - fond memories of watching Crucible final after Crucible final against Stephen Hendry with my Mum (ah bless). I have never got over the missed black though in the 1994 final (and I don't think he has either!).

Ronnie O'Sullivan - I alway remememer watching the 1993 UK Championships and this is when Ronnie burst on to the scene really. I have never really like Stephen Hendry (probably because he kep beating Jimmy White 0 lol) so I was rooting for Ronnie in the final. He reminded me of White in many ways and I have enjoyed watching him ever since.

Paul Hunter - A World Champ of the future tragically taken from us. I saw him play an exhibition at the Frontier Nightclucb in Batley back in 2005. He was a late stand-in for jimmy White and he played again Ian McCulloch. I have to say he was a true talent and is desperately missed.

Steve Davis - what can you say about the guy. Six times world champ, still in the top 16 at 50 and still a great player. He is the first player I can really remember from from younger days.

Ok thats that.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave & welcome to TSF
    Hope u enjoy yourself here

Comment

welcome to TSF, Dave! Enjoy it!
      "Ronnie is very special. He's a genius - snooker's equivalent of Mozart." Ebdon

Comment

Hi Dave, welcome to TSF.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Thanks, it's nice to mee like minded people for a change. By the way Sabina, where did you meet Ronnie? Was he as shy as he seems in private?

Comment

I've met him in York, at UK Championship last year, after his match against Maguire. He was very nice, a great man...and he wasn't shy at all......I was.....
            "Ronnie is very special. He's a genius - snooker's equivalent of Mozart." Ebdon

Comment

Hi inoffdave and welcome!
              Cool nick , but I hope you don't go in-off a lot.
              Enjoy the forum

Comment

Working...
              X