Hi Folks,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Folks,

Hello and thanks for having me as a member of your forum.
    First of all I would like to say how happy I was to stumble onto this forum. I hope I can be an assit to your community and a friend and I'm sure your knowledge will be of great benifit to me.
    Best of luck to all of you,
    Muley

Hi muley welcome here

Comment

Hi mate,
      Enjoy your time here (:

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I guess I didn't give you all much info about myself. I grew up as a farm boy in Southern Alberta. My home town had a population of about three thousand people. It was considered to be a fairly large town in those days. I got my first taste of snooker when I was about 14 years old, back in the mid to late 1960's. I didn't care much for school in those days and would skip classes and head for the local pool hall. By the age of 16 I was a pretty good player for our area but my academic skills were suffering. Something I had to catch up on later. Every small town in our area had a pool hall and snooker was pretty much the game of choice in those days on 6 x 12 tables. By the time I was 18 I was of legal drinking age and most of my play was bar room pool. By the early 70's the pool rooms started to disappear from the small towns across the prairies. (Damb Shame). The owners just weren't getting enough business to keep going. The only place you could find a game of snooker was in the cities and those were few and far between in our area. So for many years the only pool I played was at the bar on those discusting little 4x8 tables with the coin slots. Almost 2 years ago I decided I needed a pool table in the house and went shopping. I checked out the local papers and the internet and came across an ad that said pool table for sale $500.00 in Calgary. I called the lady to find out what she had. She said the name on it was Brunswick and that it was wider than she was tall (I didn't want to ask her how she knew that). Anyway I went to have a look and to my surprise and delight I found an old Gold Crown 6x12 in great condition (just like the number 1 table in our old pool hall). I cut her a check on the spot and with the help of my sons we had that table on trailer to my place the next day. I love the table and love to play and wish I hadn't missed so many years of enjoying this wonderful game. I am going to do the best I can to make up for it now.
        Goodluck,
        Muley

Comment

Hi Muley, Welcome to TSF.
          Enjoy!!!
          Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

hi m8 - have a good time on the forum
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

welcome to TSF
              ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Working...
              X