Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi,
    I am a new member here. I really like the game, and would like to take this opportunity to say hi to everyone here.
    I have run my highest break of 72 last month, and also did a 64 a week before that. I was running lots of 30 and 40+.
    For some reason, I was playing very poorly during the last week.
    I practise about 4-5 hours a day. Since I have been playing really bad recently, I am now taking a short break.
    Anyway, hi to all.
    www.AuroraCues.com

hello

Hi Poolqjunkie
    Nice breaks,can you give us some tips?

Comment

Hi Cocked Hat,
      How are you?
      Well, there are lots of good players who have run centuries and run them cosistently, so my break is really nothing compared to them.
      I was just shooting balls after balls and then when I was done, I saw that there was one red left on the table, which was by the rail. I had a slight angle on the blue to move that red but I did not get a good result. I then tried to double the red, missed it. I was quite upset, then my opponent told me "72."
      I am having a hard time this past week for some reason, I have been missing lots of shots. Last Sat, I ran a 46 right off the break after making a long red. The break ended with me missing a red in the side.
      After that, it has been only lots of 16, 24 and so on. Very frustrating.
      When I first started, I was told to practise potting the black, and also the long blue. I have found that to be very helpful.
      I am still missing lof of fine cuts, just wrong judgement on the angle, so I need to practise more I guess. I still am having problem with my aiming, and my power shots, and long shots.
      I am also trying to figure out the best grip for myself, have been trying many different things.
      Anyway, thanks for having me in the forum.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

breaks

Hi PQJ
        Your breaks are great.Other folks breaks' are theirs,there is always someone able to better your current best.There's often someone not able to too.
        I think consistency is the main thing,and, you seem to be mastering that.I wish that I could match your consistency.

Comment

Seem kinda long winded for a genuine colonial but what the hell, Welcome and goodluck.
          Muley

Comment

Working...
          X