Hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there

Just joined, so thought I should introduce myself. I'm an ex-civil servant (took early retirement 3 years ago) but still play for one of my old Department's teams in the Civil Service Snooker League in London that I've been with for what must be now 30-odd years.

Sadly, the league has been in steep decline over the past few years, due mainly to decentralisation and loss of facilities. When I first started playing there were 5 Divisions plus a Premier Division, each of which comprised around a dozen teams. Now there is just a Premier Division consisting of only 7 teams, only two of which (mine being one) still have their own tables, and now ours too are under threat

On the plus side, my team has enjoyed its best ever run of success over the past two years, winning the Premiership title for the first time ever in the 2006 season, and being runners-up (by just 1 point) in 2007. Not bad given that I only get to play once a week, rather than every lunchtime when I was working.

I've also joined my local British Legion Club, which has a couple of tables. I got as far as the semis of their scratch competition last year, and won both the standard and over-50s handicap comps.

So, don't assume that your game must inevitably go downhill the older you get (he must have been really c**p then 20 years ago, I hear you say! .
    Last edited by hotmog; 21 January 2008, 10:09 PM.

welcome to the forum

Comment

Hi welcome
      Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
      Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

Hi hotmog! Have fun!
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Working...
        X