Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member today

Hi,

Started playing again at the ripe old age of 82 in a retirement village south of Sydney town in NSW. We old codgers have a raging argument at the moment about the penalty points for a certain foul stroke and if anyone can help me I would be very grateful. The player is on a red and he hits the red OK but it then hits a black into a pocket. Some of us say that is four points away because the foul is on a red and the rest say it is seven points because the black went into the pocket. Who is correct? We promise we will not come to blows until we get the answer!
    lendavies

Welcome,

And 81 years young too, 7 point penalty but who cares, life's too short.

Comment

rules

G'day Len,
      Nice to see you're still holding your ground on the rules.I (and a lot of others on this site I'm sure)would love to think that we would be enjoying a frame some years to come.hope it doesn't come to blows
      Regards.

Comment

Originally Posted by lendavies View Post
        Hi,

Started playing again at the ripe old age of 82 in a retirement village south of Sydney town in NSW. We old codgers have a raging argument at the moment about the penalty points for a certain foul stroke and if anyone can help me I would be very grateful. The player is on a red and he hits the red OK but it then hits a black into a pocket. Some of us say that is four points away because the foul is on a red and the rest say it is seven points because the black went into the pocket. Who is correct? We promise we will not come to blows until we get the answer!
        lendavies
        Hi Len, great to see guys playing away at your age.
        As for the arguement, I can't remember the exact wording in the rule book but it's something like "A foul gives away the value of the ball on or the value of the balled fouled whichever is the higher." It's a bit different from Billiards where the the first ball struck determines the score. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Len you are the hero to play billiard in that age! Well done and very big welcome to our forum!
          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

welcome to the forum

Comment

To everyone who replied to my first ever message to the forum, thank you for the help and the big welcome. I have ties to Rhymney and the missus has ties to West Yorkshire but we have never had the pleasure of visiting the Ukraine or the Black Country. Seen a bit of rugby in Scotland though.
              Thank you all again
              Len Davies

Comment

Welcome to TSF. Nice to have you on here.
                Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

I hope I can still play snooker at that age. Quite an achievement!

welcome

Comment

Working...
                  X