New to Snooker - hi from Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that...
    I'd have invited you to here if you guys were just around the corner...

Comment

merci! very nice of you. yes, it's a shame really. and it's pretty though to get a table in the evening... snooker clubs are no alternative, they are unbelievably expensive, we can not afford that (I know one around Basel that charges CHF 300.- per month (£150) per person. that's beyond my budget...

Comment

hi Phil , I am a Time served billiard Table fitter ( over 33 years ) and have recentley set 3 billiard tables up in private dwellings in Switzeland , one in Basil just over the border another at Oberhusen, and another at Lausanne, all tables where 10 foot , and 2 for ex patts and one for an Aussie . So Snooker and Billiards are on the increase in Switzerland .
        Other contries I have fitted table in are France / Spain / Tenneriffe / Germany all ex patts .
        One thing I will say about Switzerland is when you cross the border on the moterway near Basil from the German side they sting you for VAT on the imported table because Sitzerland is not in the EU .
        So if anyone wants a table in Switzerland , say it only cost £200 to buy the table , if you say Total cost of say £5000 to £10000 they will want the Vat on that amount .

Geoff
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
          merci! very nice of you. yes, it's a shame really. and it's pretty though to get a table in the evening... snooker clubs are no alternative, they are unbelievably expensive, we can not afford that (I know one around Basel that charges CHF 300.- per month (£150) per person. that's beyond my budget...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? CHF 300.- per month?
          We always knew these Guyz were nuts ... for that price you almost could play in Köniz, Zofingen and Zürich simultaneously...

Comment

New to Snooker - hi from Switzerland

Hi all

and I thought I will be the only swiss here ... ;-) ... wow

Comment

Working...
            X