Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, I'm after a practice partner.

Hi everybody,
    Just want to introduce myself, I'm a massive snooker fan, 30 years old, having started playing over a decade a go. I had a long break from snooker, as work and relationships took there toll. Joined a local snooker league a couple of years back and am now putting in the pratice to improve again.

Some interesting facts about me, include that I worked on the World Championship Snooker PC, PS2 and XBOX games as an artist for Blade and Codemasters and as a result got to meet many of my heroes, including Ronnie, Hendry and even wrote and recorded commentary with John Virgo.

About 3 years ago I bought my first home, under the agreement with the missus that it had a room large enough to put a full-size snooker table in it! Believe it or not it can be done if you are fanatical enough about it. All the estate agents I talked to said I couldn't do it, and that I would need to spend quarter of a million to get what I was after. Don't let people put you down, as we're not rich, it was our first house and I've got the full size table now in a room which used to be an off-licence as part of the house. Two small bedrooms, but with a full size table!

As a result I've knocked in two total clearances from the line up 131 and 126, and I get to practice every day. Lucky so'n'so heh.

Anyhow I'm after a friendly practice partner to help improve my game in match play. Anybody living in the the Manchester/Warrington area who enjoys playing as much as me let me know. I'd say I was average ability and would relish the chance to practice with a better player. I knock in 90's and 100's off the line up every day, and manage 30's generally in matches with a current match best of 48 last year. If you think you could help me bring my practice game to matches then I'd love to hear from you; practice, have a few drinks and talk snooker.

Maybe I should up-sticks! Good luck in the search, can smell a few "best of 35's" coming up.

Welcome Caesar. High break board awaits you in the Snooker Lounge. Maybe a pic of your lair to follow?

Here's a link to the pictures of our tables being built through to setting up for a Club Knockout Final.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/showp...tcount_94.html

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/567/beer26of.gif Cheers Dave.
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Local Snooker League Website

Thanks reverse side.
      Just thought I'd let you know that I've just finished the start of our local league's website www.levsnooker.com

N.B. This is the first website I've ever attempted to put together so be kind!

I'd be interested in any comments people have. Hopefully the links page might be useful to people aswell.

Comment

caeser

the website is really good,well done you
        how do you fancy doing a link swap in your manufacturers section with the website i made
        its Mr A.E.Ions site he is a cuemaker. please check out the site..and be nice i did my best making it lol
        a.e.ions-cueworld.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
        A.E.IONS - Master cuemaker since 1969

http://a.e.ions-cueworld.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Comment

Proud to be visitor 75....

Thoughts....
          • Professional looking, easy on the eye.
          • Clear and concise but with lots of interesting info.
          • Choosing a Locked Sidebar is the best way for speedy navigation.
          • Listing breaks illustrates top performers very well.
          • Keeps you searching for more info.

Suggestions
          • Two possible renames; 'Records' to 'History' as I thought I was going to be shown some notable achievements of the past type records, like the most wins of the Hornby Handicap, or highest ever break or most number of 30+ breaks sort of thing. The other might be to add a section on the Rules of snooker and change your current section called 'rules' to something that describes its contents; League Rules or Consitution. the contentsthe set-up of the League rather than
          • There maybe a few players wanting to buy and sell equipment, a section to advertise this may be useful.
          • I've a collection of other Leagues' website URL's if you want a list of them; although Googling on "Snooker League" in the UK will get you many of them... inspiration for future improvements etc.
          • PM'ing Ferret for a few ideas would be well worth it; ask him to give it a butchers when he's time. (here's a link to him http://www.thesnookerforum.com/member-u_470.html)
          • Maybe a few highlights of the site on the homepage; leaders of the 2 divisions, recent results etc.
          • For any changes to your constitution, putting them in bold or a different colour would help players pick them out more easily.
          • Add an email alert feature so players know when the tables have been updated... unless you already do it every week or fortnight religiouslt for people to able to rely on you.

Q's
          • What's the age to qualify for a Veteran?
          • Where does your stats show who's come from this forum to look at your site?
          • "Ranking", "Aggregate" & "Block Handicap" sound interesting - can you tells us a bit about each & how some are worked out?

Your handicap system is different from ours; we look at aggregate scores for the season, the number of games they play, Percentage Win and competition performance. Formula along the lines of total points with handicap added, minus all your opponents', divided by total number of games, divided by 2. There's a tiered deduction for winning over 60% of your games, points added on for winning less than , points off for getting to semi's and finals of all the comps (individual knockouts, weekenders and doubles). More ways to skin a cat.... or at least make it a fair battle unless there's a few bandits out there; or more accurately too any players who make half a*sed attempts at playing well for their Team and Captain in the League that suddenly find inspiration when they've a lead to fill them with confidence - must be great for Captains when this happens! NOT!

Overall then matey, be filled with pride... if this is your first attempt, jeez, you'll need to get VAT registered!

Got to go now, I'm playing in the Premier Snooker League at quarter to; shame it's not a Thursday with Dave Clarke introducing matters.

Cheers, Dave.
          Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for looking, and for the constructive and positive feedback.

I'll take note of your suggestions and see how the site goes when the league players find out about it on Thursday.

Cheers.

Comment

no probs Caesar, a tap on the rudder and an extra pair of hands in the rowing room's always appreciated I find. No mean thing if we had mor people like you on the Forum too - cloning scheme up in the North West? (There's a ruder version I've been known to suggest when ladies aren't present - it'll keep)

Comment

(Edit: Sorry C, ignore the suggestion for having some 'breaking news' items on the home page; as the text sections you've put on the right under the headline of 'Lastest News' sort of covers Latest News really... facial expression akin to a lady of a certain age who's gone a bit mad with the rouge... not sure what combination of X's, 8's and @ signs it would take to infer this emotion here but there you go.

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/1...ixfight1vc.gif

Errm, oh yeah, suppose you could list find an animated gif and host it, that would be it, did you find one: no, did you look: no - a nice matrixes one will do then Smeagol? yessss my presh-uss, very nice indeed http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5...mgollum5wj.gifhttp://www.lordoftherings.net/)

Comment

Working...
                X