Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g'day from down under

Hey everyone,
    Glad to finally be apart of the website and am looking forward to learning more about this great game and maybe even sharing some of my own experience.
    'Why do i love snooker?'Is it the sound of the balls clinking?The challenge of the fact that it's a very difficult game that will never be mastered?The endless hours trying to perfect the cue action?Sharing a beer with mates in a top club over a couple of frames?The feeling when a long straight pot hits the leather without touching the sides?The answer is probably all of the above.Even when things don't go right and your missing pots your grandmother could pot blindfolded,the game for me is one great pleasure.
    I'm a 70 break player which I guess in Australia is classed as an above average club player.Where as in the UK would maybe be considered a hack. Reading many of your forums seems to suggest everyone on a street corner up north can wack in 100 plus breaks.Which is why i'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from ye all.
    Thanks in advance............:snooker:..Black7

welcome to the forum black7. Unfortunately I am not on a street corner up north and therefore only a 30s break player .

By the way, Robert why isn't my 34 up on the high break thread yet
    Last edited by tallguy; 10 December 2008, 04:17 PM.
    "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

Hi, welcome to the like-minded community.

Comment

G'day to you & welcome
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by black7 View Post
          I guess in Australia is classed as an above average club player.Where as in the UK would maybe be considered a hack. Reading many of your forums seems to suggest everyone on a street corner up north can wack in 100 plus breaks
          I don't know why they bother putting snooker on the TV in the Uk to be honest when your average pub player can out-score Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

Welcome black7.

Australians should be proud being represented in snooker by Neil Robertson.
            My pick for first World Champion from outside the UK since the great Cliff Thorburn 28 years ago!

Cheers!

=o)

Noel

Comment

Working...
            X