Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, another newbie introduction

Hello,

Yet another intro from another newbie. I'm from Wakefield in West Yorkshire.

I first started in snooker when I was about 8yrs old when my elder brother got a table top snooker table (the old type with a hardboard base which warped). I've still got one of the cues that came with the table. At 16 my dad got me made a member at the British Ropes employees club where they had 2 tables. I got Joe Davis's book out of the library and and spent months going through each shot until I had it mastered, years later I heard that Steve Davis did the same thing.

At 17 I was asked to captain the A team at the Ropes, they had 3 teams. At 18 I went to London to college and didn't play snooker again for 4yrs until 1977 when I joined West Yorkshire Police and was posted to Dewsbury. My tutor played for the A team in the Ossett league and I was soon a member of the team. I played for the team for 20yrs until a back injury brought my snooker days to an end. Since my retirement 18 months ago I have concentrated on playing pool.

In my days in snooker I had 3 breaks over 100, the first was 107, the second 120 and the third 127. Throughout my snooker time I used a Powerglide International 2 piece cue which I bought at Jack Karnahm's Billiard Parlour in Old Kent Road in London in 1974.

I once played John Spencer at Pontins when a kid after coming runner up in the snooker competition. I also played Allison Fisher at a charity event at Dewsbury Police Station.

My greatest contribution to snooker was the invention of a cue extension in 1986 which was, for a time, widely used. I've listed details of it on a theme about inventions.

That's about it for now
    ---------------

Tenko

welcome to the site!

some history there with nice breaks!
    solo 105

match 82

still waiting for that ton!

Comment

Welcome To TSF Tenko. Get ready for the debating!!
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Welcome here mate

Comment

Working...
        X