No announcement yet.

Snooker room summer house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite all these opinions/facts being given the only fact is... You should phone local planning department, building control and the council, believe it or not they are actually very helpful! Discuss your plans with them, what you can and can't do and get cracking! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
      Despite all these opinions/facts being given the only fact is... You should phone local planning department, building control and the council, believe it or not they are actually very helpful! Discuss your plans with them, what you can and can't do and get cracking! :snooker:
      Definitely. It's nice to get a general idea but locally they can be very different.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Great advice by all thanks,

going to make a few calls tomorrow and get it in writing and speak with my next door neighbour just to let him know I’m doing it,

then got a guy pricing up putting the pad down in new year

still looking for the right building to put on it (would rather buy building than make my own bespoke)

Comment

Make sure your table legs are sitting on concrete the rest if the floor can be wooden if purchasing a premade building

Some manufacturers say the floors strong enough but already know one wooden floors that moved within weeks.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Yes waiting on one summerhouse company to come back to me and they will do it without floor and I will put my own on top of concrete making sure nothing moves

going to call council planning shortly

Comment

Make sure you put visqueen under the concrete to stop damp, I also added reinforcing mesh because the pad is so large it could potentially crack. I wish I could have afforded to insulate it as well, it does get very cold to the touch! But at least it’s strong and dry! Good luck :encouragement:

Comment

Working...
              X