Snooker ball cleaning machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker ball cleaning machine

Does anyone have any personal views on actually using one of these ball polishers and if so what cleaning fluid they spray over the balls to start with

To be perfectly honest, unless you're the owner of a snooker or pool club with lots of tables and sets of balls you don't need one. Clean your balls the same as washing the dishes by hand, dry and polish with Mr. Sheen, Ooooh, Matron!
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

We've got 2 tables, practice & match balls so 4 sets and wondered if it was worth buying a cleaning machine, sorry but matron says no Mr sheen, too much skidding.

Comment

Originally Posted by RICHREAD View Post
        We've got 2 tables, practice & match balls so 4 sets and wondered if it was worth buying a cleaning machine, sorry but matron says no Mr sheen, too much skidding.

definitely no furniture polish
        been there before when the balls had just been polished up with Sheen/Pledge and it was terrible all over, then the old man who did the polishing walked by all pleased with his work!
        not found anything as good or better than the Aramith stuff - be surprised how far a little goes
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

definitely no furniture polish
          been there before when the balls had just been polished up with Sheen/Pledge and it was terrible all over, then the old man who did the polishing walked by all pleased with his work!
          not found anything as good or better than the Aramith stuff - be surprised how far a little goes
          I hated the Aramith stuff, first time I used it the balls kicked like mad , I mean every shot. Didn't use it again for ages then for some reason tried it again and it's been great, balls look brand new again and no trouble with kicks, I have no idea what went wrong with the first attempt.
          Can you screw back like Trump with furniture polish ? Could be good for a laugh to have a go.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            I hated the Aramith stuff, first time I used it the balls kicked like mad , I mean every shot. Didn't use it again for ages then for some reason tried it again and it's been great, balls look brand new again and no trouble with kicks, I have no idea what went wrong with the first attempt.
            Can you screw back like Trump with furniture polish ? Could be good for a laugh to have a go.
            That Aramith ball restorer is abrasive, don't know about the Aramith cleaner, and Mr.Sheen cuts the friction between the balls and makes every contact super clean; apply sparingly and let it dry for ten minutes, then you must buff it well with a clean cloth to remove all the excess, let it cure for a hour, then the polish is hard and filling the microscopic valleys on the surface. Any polish left on the peaks will cause bad contacts and the balls will react poorly, if done properly you can screw back an awful lot more, sometimes like Trump.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Try optical lens cleaner - solution 30 is the stuff I have.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I use aramith ball cleaner for the cueball and autoglym super resin polish for the object balls. Then I wash them with warm water in between uses. Usually repeat the polish every month or so.
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
                X