For those who missed 2nd Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who missed 2nd Round

I will accept late predictions until the start of play on Thursday 1 February, as it appears that many people have missed it.

But of course, the highest break and today's matches will not count.

Just a question..because I genuinely want to know Statman, I'm NOT being sarcastic or anything...what's the point of having a prediction deadline if it's not implemented? I seem to remember another instance not to long ago whe the same situation occurred, and people were allowed to enter predictions after the deadline had passed.
    As I said..just wondering....
    2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

if there wasnt a deadline, it couldnt be extended

seriously though, i applaud statman for the decision. not in any way to do with my predictions, but hes doing what he feels right, and as he puts the effort in for us all.....:thumbs up:

Comment

Originally Posted by Skypigeon
        Just a question..because I genuinely want to know Statman, I'm NOT being sarcastic or anything...what's the point of having a prediction deadline if it's not implemented? I seem to remember another instance not to long ago whe the same situation occurred, and people were allowed to enter predictions after the deadline had passed.
        As I said..just wondering....
        Some people are hardline sticklers for rules and regulations and some people arent.

As this forum isnt run by Hitler l'm with The Statman and his more liberal approach
        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

I think Skypigeon wanted to say that there was instance of not allowing to post prediction for the match that haven't been played yet not so long time ago... Anyway, I think there is a bit difference - due to those qualification matches played the first second round matches were played on the day when the first round was still on the way and that might be confusing to lots of people (and that was the case when you see the comments on the actual 2nd round prediction thread). While that time Skypigeon was talking about (I think I remember that case she talked about) the second round matches started after the first round was finished. Not sure if I am right though.
          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

AM, im sure sky wasnt being rude or having a go, and just genuinely wanted to know the answer, without having a go at statsy.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
              AM, im sure sky wasnt being rude or having a go, and just genuinely wanted to know the answer, without having a go at statsy.
              I know she was not being rude. Is my post making her comment to look rude? If so, I apologize to Skypigeon, because that wasn't my intention to do that. Sorry.
              ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness
                Is my post making her comment to look rude?
                no

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
                  Exactly!, thanks semih! As I specifically pionted out in my question...I WASN*T trying to be sarcastic or having a go at Statters! He's doing a great job, just wanted to know the answer...
                  Nor do I bare any resemblance to Hitler... (thanks dannyd0g), or am a rigid kind of person...I just appreciate when people are treated equally and fairly ( which has nothing to do with this particular instance by the way!)

Comment

hmmm why can't i edit my posts on this thread?? anyone else have the same problem?

Comment

Nor do I bare any resemblance to Hitler... (thanks dannyd0g), or am a rigid kind of person...I just appreciate when people are treated equally and fairly ( which has nothing to do with this particular instance by the way!)
                      Ok, sorry for that little dig of mine. I tend to have issues with rules and regulations enthusiasts
                      "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g
                        Ok, sorry for that little dig of mine. I tend to have issues with rules and regulations enthusiasts
                        fair enough..we're all different..each to one's own...

Comment

hmmm why can't i edit my posts on this thread?? anyone else have the same problem?

cause its in a predictions thread i think.

?

Comment

The reason I 'extended' the deadline was that I noted that many people assumed, with three matches still to be played in the first round and with three tables in the afternoon, that the first round would be completed yesterday afternoon and the second round commenece in the evening.

Since the Rules have always stated that, at my discretion, I will allow late predictions to count, albeit excluding matches already underway, I did not feel that this decision went against the rules, but rather was an announcement that if people did predict late, on this occasion my discretion would be in their favour.

I have from time to time received late predictions, and the only reason I have ever refused them is simply when I have been unavailable to receive them (usually travelling to the venue) and it thus would not practical to include them. Since I am around all this week, I would not have refused any late predictions.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman
                              The reason I 'extended' the deadline was that I noted that many people assumed, with three matches still to be played in the first round and with three tables in the afternoon, that the first round would be completed yesterday afternoon and the second round commenece in the evening.

Since the Rules have always stated that, at my discretion, I will allow late predictions to count, albeit excluding matches already underway, I did not feel that this decision went against the rules, but rather was an announcement that if people did predict late, on this occasion my discretion would be in their favour.

I have from time to time received late predictions, and the only reason I have ever refused them is simply when I have been unavailable to receive them (usually travelling to the venue) and it thus would not practical to include them. Since I am around all this week, I would not have refused any late predictions.
                              No problem statters..as i said, i just wondered,,,,:-D

Comment

Working...
                              X