Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referendum: Pot Black Predictions

Pot Black Predictions

It occurs to me that, with the only scoreline possible being 1-0 or 0-1, that the scoring system should be 1 point for correct winner and 0 points for incorrect winner, full stop.

The reason I had decided to use the normal points system (i.e. correct winner 2 points, because you would be bound to have the correct scoreline) is that this then makes each match worth 2 points, as with all other matches.

This has an effect on the handicap results, based on points scored per match, for those whose predictions do not include Pot Black will have a slightly better average than those who do include Pot Black.

The other possibility is to change to the 1-point system, but exclude the Pot Black from the Seasonlong Handicap.

Let me know what you think.

basically, whatever is easier for you....and if both equal, then whatever you would prefer, id go with.

you are after all, knocking in the time doing it.

Comment

Thinking about the overall contest proper (as opposed to the handicap version), I think 2 points would be too much for a tournament that's more about pot luck than canny predictions. I prefer the one point system, with this one excluded from the handicap contest as you suggest.

As semih says though, it's your contest.

Comment

I agree with Robert602.
        Pot Black is much more random than the other tournaments, should not have the same weighting. One point each match and perhaps remove from the season long list. (I suppose it could be kept on where it due to less points available would be less important)

Comment

I agree with Robert and Mal.
          "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
          David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Yea 1 point is good. I agree with Rob and others.
            Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

I think a consensus is emerging.

What I will do, then, is make the Pot Balck matches worth 1 point for correct winner, and will exclude them from the Handicap Contest.

When I return from holiday I will get the Rules thread unlocked and amend them accordingly.

(Curtis, no need or this week as I am reliant on a public phone box with sticky keypad, so am not going to do it this week!)

Comment

The Rules have now been amended to incorporate this decision.

Comment

Working...
                X