Grand Prix Round 1 – Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Prix Round 1 – Results

Below are the provisional results of the First Round Prediction Contest for the Grand Prix.

Please check your score (and anyone else’s as you wish) and report any queries within 24 hours of the date/time displayed at the top of this thread. Any queries raised after this time will not be considered. (Please note that any queries are unlikely to be checked within a week while I am in Scotland; but they must nevertheless be raised within 48 hours.)

A quick reminder of the scoring: 1 points for the correct winner and scoreline; ½ point for the correct winner with incorrect scoreline. There were 120 matches in the round, so 120 was the maximum possible score. The group-winner bonus points do not count towards the individual round but will count towards the overall tournament.

Provisional congratulations to ronnieisthebest for winning the round.

Please note also that Alex0paul, dantuck 7, Ellena, elvaago, Miss S, Nina, Odrl, ronnieisthebest, Sam147, snookersfun and snooky147 each gained a bonus point (not included below but marked with a *) for correctly predicting the highest break of the round, which was Tom Ford’s 147.

Here are the full results. The figure in brackets alongside each predictor's name is the number of group-winner bonuses (s)he scored. These are not included in the main total.

ScorePredictor
    49ronnieisthebest (2) *
    47April madness (4)
    jfjlsnooker (3)
    Tandeloze-tijd (4)
    45½dantuck 7 (3) *
    Martin76 (3)
    snooky147 (2) *
    45Lindea (3)
    Valderie (4)
    44½edinmis (3)
    44abextra (1)
    43½Sam147 (2) *
    43highlander69 (5)
    Monique (4)
    pat39 (2)
    samasnookerfan (1)
    Scissors61 (4)
    42½austrian girl (3)
    Ellena (3) *
    rivercard (3)
    42hegeland (3)
    JPK123 (2)
    Mal (5)
    missneworleans (3)
    Miss S (4) *
    41½Alex0paul (4) *
    elvaago (3) *
    RaNeN (4)
    41kellie-text (3)
    Mr Snooker (2)
    40½berolina (3)
    Odrl (2) *
    40The Statman (4)
    39½JoanneT63 (2)
    Skypigeon (4)
    39drlog147 (4)
    Nina (3) *
    Senih Sayginer (4)
    38½dawnie (5)
    snookersfun (1) *
    38StunShot (1)
    37½Kingscratcher (4)
    Marc (1)
    37attilahun (4)
    PaulTheSoave (2)

And a special mention to:

Kingscratcher – who achieved the highest match predictions score for a single group: 10 points for Group D;

Dantuck 7 – who achieved joint 5th place using an ostensibly random method of 4–2 in that order for every match!

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman
      Please note also that Alex0paul, dantuck 7, Ellena, elvaago, Miss S, Nina, Odrl, ronnieisthebest, Sam147, snookersfun and snooky147 each gained a bonus point (not included below but marked with a *) for correctly predicting the highest break of the round, which was Ian McCulloch’s 133.
      Wasn't the highest break Tom Ford's 147? I know that's what I predicted...

Comment

Well, someone had to be last. At least i'm not alone.
        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

Originally Posted by Nina
          Wasn't the highest break Tom Ford's 147? I know that's what I predicted...
          Well spotted. I forgot to update that from the Shanghai results page which I used as a template!

Now corrected!

Comment

Not too bad, and i'm certainly not complaining as I felt some of moy predictions were a bit risky.
            'I'm nuts,' - Ronnie O'Sullivan

Comment

It would have been a lot easier to have predicted the matches at the same time as they were being played, ie predict all the matches on Saturday then Sunday etc as at least then we could have taken into account players being out. Maybe something to look at for next season as I am sure all of would have done better. No excuses really as I think Dott's group mucked everything up for me.
              TSF World Champion 2010
              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Not too bad for me!
                2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Congrats Rachel. Well done!

For me, this must be the ultimate pinnacle in my career!

Comment

well done RITB

*note to class - must do better

Comment

Thanks guys!! Oh my god i can't believe I've won. And my predictions are always sooooo biased, obviously the right way to go this time!!!

Comment

Congrats RITB!

My predictions were no good - but that's what you get when you predict while you're moody and half asleep...

Comment

First round on you in Belfast, me thinks!

Originally Posted by ronnieisthebest
                          Thanks guys!! Oh my god i can't believe I've won. And my predictions are always sooooo biased, obviously the right way to go this time!!!

Comment

Like I just said to kellie, if there was a £200 prize for winning i would agree!!

Comment

Congrats RITB

And I guess I can't complain. I never go for 147 as HB,but this time I did and it worked! Yay!
                              (Just a shame the actual break wasn't televised)

Comment

Working...
                              X