Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot Black predictions – withdrawal of Ronnie O'Sullivan

Afternoon all.

The departure of Ronnie O'Sullivan from the Pot Black schedule causes something of a headache!

The prediction thread has received 36 replies so far, which probably equates to around 30 predictions. I think it is therefore too late to contact everyone and ensure that they are able to re-predict. I will attempt this, though.

One possible solution would be to simply replace O'Sullivan's name with his successor; however, that is certainly not in the spirit of the contest, however much Pot Black is judged to be a matter of luck.

I therefore propose to go with the straightforward rule concerning no-shows – i.e. that these matches will simply not count and the first round will feature only three matches. This is not ideal but I see no other option.

Uniquely with Pot Black, we therefore have the possibility that the semi-final predictions could entail only one match and the final could be void altogether. Nevertheless, so be it.

If anyone feels extremely strongly that I should adopt an alternative approach I would be grateful to hear your comments on this thread. However, I would want to have confidence that all Predictors who have already predicted can be informed, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, that they need to re-predict.

I am changing the top post of the prediction thread now to reflect the correct draw; but if anyone who has already predicted on the wrong pairings has not re-predicted by the deadline, the contest will exclude all matches on the original line-up that do not take place.

TS, try to contact us all (-2, Monique and I did our repredicting already), would be a pity...

Comment

I think it would be okay to stick with the same predictions. How about accepting any new predictions and people you can't get in contact with - stick with their original choices.

It's only a best of 1!

Comment

I have reposted my predictions, as my predictions were/are solely based on which player I like more.
        "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Having thought about this, I think the best thing to do is to transfer O'Sullivan's name to Hendry's, for Predictors who did not re-predict. After all, it is essentially a 50-50 best-of-1 situation.

I did PM all those who had predicted on O'Sullivan and feel they were given adequate opportunity to notify me of their intentions if they felt strongly enough.

This will (a) ensure that the tournament is fully predicted on and (b) maintain the element of fun which Pot Black itself is intended to portray.

Anyone feeling strongly that Hendry's matches should be disregarded should be made on this thread within the next 48 hours.

Comment

Working...
          X