Andy drake's predictions: Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy drake's predictions: Help

For the second round, Andy sent me his predictions in advance, as he will be away.

Since this involved a lot of unknown pairings, he simplified it and, for the last Round-2 match, he wrote:
    Originally Posted by Andy drake's predictions
    5-2 Ding Junhui v. any player, OR
    1-5 any player v. Graeme Dott, OR
    2-5 any player v. Michael Holt
    ...which is fine, but you can see a discrepancy now that Ding-Dott has occurred.

Partly I am minded to go with the second line, as the Rules state that the latest predictions will count (Rule intended for when someone changed predictions); but partly I am sure he meant for the top line to hold if Ding made it to the second round.

So, a quick poll. Which should I take? The choices are:
    5-2 Ding Junhui v. Graeme Dott
    or
    1-5 Ding Junhui v. Graeme Dott

I may use the result to set a precedent should the situation arise again.

5-2 to Ding.

Comment

5-2 to Ding. I'm sure that's what he meant from the way it's set out and worded. As I see it, the 'OR' is meant to be read only if the preceding lines are not applicable.

Comment

Yes you've just endorsed the conclusion I was coming to. Thanks.

Comment

lol, it was so obvious this was going to happen. You chose one and the other result happens. (albeit it isn't over yet)
          TSF World Champion 2010
          TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
          BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Originally Posted by Robert602
            5-2 to Ding. I'm sure that's what he meant from the way it's set out and worded. As I see it, the 'OR' is meant to be read only if the preceding lines are not applicable.
            I second that

Marcel Proust had an haddock! If you're calling the author of 'A la recherche du temps perdu' a looney, I shall have to ask you to step outside!

Comment

You have got it right. Andy Drake will be gratefull for that.
              "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

maybe you should give him a point for getting a score right

Comment

Sorry about the confusion....I'm now back home so I'll make proper predictions for the semi finals and the final. For the record, I'd probably meant to write "1-5 any other player v Graeme Dott" etc, in which case the first prediction would be the one to be used.

Comment

....which I notice is a shame seeing as the second one turned out to be right.

Comment

Working...
                    X