Semifinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semifinals

Two good matches hopefully. Selby and Allen are the favourites, but my gut feeling is one of them goes out today and as so often we get a final between an elite player and a player of the second tier (top 16, but not quite on first level). As I write this Selby leads 1-0 against Gilbert, and while I think that him and Lisowski are equally due a ranking title, my feeling tells me that Lisowski will rather beat Allen today.

Two close frames, both to Selby. Too many mistakes from Gilbert.

Comment

New white will help.... maybe
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

4-0 to Selby at the Inverval. I guess this is over.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          4-0 to Selby at the Inverval. I guess this is over.
          Selby does appear to be Gilbert's Bogey man. Dave doesn't look like he thinks he can beat him to me.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

What's going on, dont the blazers check the balls. When I got my 1G snooker balls I tested the weight. They were all within 0.6 of a gram.
            They should be checked before use. These guys are playing for their living. Light whites were very common years ago in clubs but I would expect better at the top level.

Comment

So Selby wins comfortably 6-1, has now won 18 of the last 20 frames against Gilbert.
              Seems to gain better form slowly, though he wasn't very successful in the longer format this season (by his standard).

Comment

Great start by Jack making a 135 break in the first frame. Doubt he will continue to pot like this the whole match though.

Comment

2 great reds in the opening frame , but can’t help think that he has missed a trick there but not potting the red in the second frame . I think it may well cost him in the end , would have put pressure on Allen .

Does Phil Yates no longer commentate for Eurosport ?

I quite like the Phil Studd / Neal Foulds combination .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Possibly the best 40 break I've ever seen by Lisowski.
                    ​​​​​​followed by the worst safety shot ever.... Agghhhh!!
                    Jack why do you do this to me!!

Just love watching him play well, he puts me on the edge of my seat like Alex used to when I was kid .can't help but root for him.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I really like Lisowski, because he seems a very nice and lovable guy.
                      But it often pains me to watch him play. He's the most careless player I've ever seen.

Comment

Said he is getting used to a new cue , anyone know what maker ?
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Possibly the best 40 break I've ever seen by Lisowski.
                          ​​​​​​followed by the worst safety shot ever.... Agghhhh!!
                          Jack why do you do this to me!!
                          Should have played a safety already before.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Should have played a safety already before.
                            I know Jim, he's probably never gonna get it is he, but if he won one tournament in his style in his whole career I would frame it and value it like a Picasso.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I know Jim, he's probably never gonna get it is he, but if he won one tournament in his style in his whole career I would frame it and value it like a Picasso.
                              I think he will.

Hopefully he's still learning. At least he was far more patient in that safety exchange now. At least twice I was sure he'd go for the pot, but he stayed calm and was rewarded with a chance now.

Comment

Working...
                              X