No announcement yet.

The Final!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which one of you wannabee world champions would not swap your game for selbys ?

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      which one of you wannabee world champions would not swap your game for selbys ?
      Well, me for one Grumps, cos I wouldn't want to win one without "flair".
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Sometimes this roll up makes much more sense if the next red after the pot in the middle, which isn't always an easy shot anyways, isn't given. You might get a much better chance if your opponent fails to get out of this snooker properly.
        Sorry but no, Selby has this pot against Gilbert and pots it and goes down for a red above the black, against someone like Lisowski, Judd, Ding or Ronnie it's a roll up snooker. This shot is far too easy and should be banned from the game. If it was a 3/4 or 1/2 ball pink or red to the middle at the top of the table then he would take it on, and for a brown of relatively the same angle there's no reason not to, especially with such forgiving pockets that can take such a shot at extreme pace. Even when there's a solid pack of reds with nothing to gain but the four points and play a safety to loosen the reds and put the opponent on the baulk cushion, keeps the frame flowing, the roll up in this situation is all about utilising the foul and miss rule to gain points, cheese off the opponent and it bores the paying and viewing public; jesus wept, I hate the miss rule so much and all the shenanigans that go with replacing the balls over and over again, even when there's a decent free ball awarded, just get on with it please

Let's see how the rule in the shoot out of a ball must be potted or any ball made to touch a cushion rule would actually affect the game if adopted.
        Uhhmmm! I can't think of anything to worry about apart from no roll up snookers and no more re-racks (yippee!) and it would lead to more interesting safety exchanges, colours clearances and keep each frame open.

And a 20 second shot clock with two 20 second extensions allowed per frame, better than waiting six minutes for a decision, Judd and Ronnie had some interesting safety exchanges in the Nothern Ireland open and neither took longer than the 20 to 40 seconds allowed under this rule to decide and play their shots.
        There's no need to take ages over it, it's like Selby has forgotten all the knowledge of angles he has accumualted over his career and has to start again each frame and mathematically work it out, you listen to McManus in commentary and he sees it immediately and so does Selby, but he makes everyone wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.................:livid:
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

For all of 24 seconds, which still puts him nowhere near the top of the list of slowest players. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            For all of 24 seconds, which still puts him nowhere near the top of the list of slowest players. :wink:
            I just watched his six minute plus shot selection against Higgins on youtube, the ref stood bye like a post box and let it happen. There are lies, damn lies and statistics.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

:smile: It's interesting though, the official stats have Selby at 24.3 seconds for that match, only 0.4 seconds slower than Higgins. I'm not sure how many shots you are likely to play in a match that goes 5-4, but if it's something like 200, that means one 6-minute shot would raise your average for about 1.7 seconds.

Not that it should ever happen of course. There would have to be some extraordinary circumstances for a player to legitimately need six minutes over a shot, and that position Selby was in was definitely not it. Is the shot time displayed on the scoreboard? If so, Scullion should have been aware that it was way over the line.

Comment

Working...
              X