No announcement yet.

ROS pulled out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking for some time now about how Ronnie must feel entering what now is probably the twighlight of his top rank career. When Hendry started to loose his powers he decided fairly quickly that his pride did not like the idea of being beaten by others especially lower ranked players, being "up for grabs" was his idea of hell!

i beleive there here is a mental line in the sand for all sportsman, they craft their talent for years through practice, blood sweat and tears, they earn their stripes and pride tells them at a certain point in their career they have passed the pinnacle of their achievement. Boxing as a sport is one that always springs to mind when talking in these terms. The smart undisputed champ hangs his gloves up with pride because he doesn't want some bum to get lucky and put him on his backside, where after the media can always talk about that time when.....

i feel very lucky to have watched Ronnie's career in my lifetime, it's been a long distinguished career with a lot of highs and a few lows that were overcome.

i guess it's not too hard to understand his decision here, if you try to put yourself in his shoes for five minutes and try to look for absolute motivation to win everything still I think you would find it hard.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I think it’s a case of ‘The Mad Genius’... :uncomfortableness:

Bored of hearing it now to be honest, play or retire...!

Comment

I'd like to see him just take time out of the game until he has an itch to play again. His shot selection has been goofy this entire season. That plant along the cushion at the UK might have been a great shot, but I think it was the worst shot selection I've ever seen from a pro.

Comment

Agree that he is coming to the end of his career, he probably should have dominated even more years ago when the Robertsons, Trumps and Ding’s where still fine tuning their craft...but mental health issues held him back, now I think he realises they have caught up and he can’t beat them just as easy anymore? He should take note from Hendry definitely. I enjoyed his American Hustle tv show! More of that Ronnie please!

Comment

Hendry retired seven years after winning his last event. O'Sullivan last won one in September. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              Hendry retired seven years after winning his last event. O'Sullivan last won one in September. :wink:
              And took a good few beatings by lesser players in those years, suffering the indignity. It's that time of year to remember the crown of thorns.

Ronnie witnessed all of that and is "maybe" taking heed, the meek may inherit the earth but they are not taking away my Crown. :angel:
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Steve Davis carried on till he was about 50 even although he wasn't winning. Think it was after the death of his father he decided it was a good time to hang up his cue.....and what about Jimmy White... persevering and still believing he can win the World Championship one day.

Comment

I don't think it's up to us to judge Ronnie's decision here... let's just hope he's alright.
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                    I don't think it's up to us to judge Ronnie's decision here... let's just hope he's alright.
                    I am sure he is absolutely fine.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      Steve Davis carried on till he was about 50 even although he wasn't winning. Think it was after the death of his father he decided it was a good time to hang up his cue.....and what about Jimmy White... persevering and still believing he can win the World Championship one day.
                      He said in an interview once that he had carried on past when he wanted to stop just for his Dad which is nice and shows that he certainly has a decent heart; I always liked that when I saw it.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Boxing as a sport is one that always springs to mind when talking in these terms. The smart undisputed champ hangs his gloves up with pride because he doesn't want some bum to get lucky and put him on his backside, where after the media can always talk about that time when.....
                        lol. The boxing comparison can certainly be a tough one. I can think of a few that got a pounding once they had lost their first fight. I guess in boxing you really do get a proper reminder when you have stayed too long................

Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

JImmy can win the world championship one day, it just takes every other player to go blind and have their arms amputated. Him continuously getting a tour card is getting farcical, was in the club the other night and everyone was saying the same thing that it should be given to a younger player. White has had his 15 minutes of fame and blew it with drinking and coke, move aside and stick to your punditry Jimmy, your competitive days by and large are long gone bar the odd flurry of form that appears every so many years for a game or 2.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post

White has had his 15 minutes of fame
                            facepalm^2

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

facepalm^2
                              Yes, very facepalm worthy to say what everyone else is thinking. He has the odd flurry every so often and that's your lot. You do realise he's ranked 122 in the world currently? He's only on the tour because again he got another 2 year tour card from Del Boy Hearn.

Comment

I don’t believe that he has won a match this season , it must be hard to stop something that you have been doing for so long . He would still be playing Senior Snooker , but I assume that it would be the buzz he would miss . Watching Nigel Bond may give him some hope to have better results in the New Year.
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X