Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Is Alan McManus now the best commentator/ analyst ? I really like his style and obviously so knowledgeable. Him and Foulds are top draw .

Phil Yates is really starting to grate me at the moment ............if he pauses anymore before he finishes a sentence , i swear he will fall asleep .

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Have you decided on your over 50 plan yet Billy ?
    i have no idea what you mean.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I can’t be doing with snooker on commercial channels! Ad break after every frame. A session ends, 8 minute ad break, 5 minute studio analysis, another lengthy ad break.... it makes me want to swear violently at the television screen.
    Have you decided on your over 50 plan yet Billy ?

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I can’t be doing with snooker on commercial channels! Ad break after every frame. A session ends, 8 minute ad break, 5 minute studio analysis, another lengthy ad break.... it makes me want to swear violently at the television screen.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

There's a chance that Yan Bingtao overtakes Perry though if he goes far here and wins one or two matches at the Tour Championship, for which he would be qualified as of now, whereas Perry would not.
    Adds some spice to next match Joe v Jan in quarter final tomorrow night.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Good win for Joe Perry. Should secure his Crucible place. As the China Open has been cancelled it looks like Carter would need to win the Gibraltar Open.
    There's a chance that Yan Bingtao overtakes Perry though if he goes far here and wins one or two matches at the Tour Championship, for which he would be qualified as of now, whereas Perry would not.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    A couple of very loose shots from Holt , notably the red to the Yellow pocket that let Trump in for a frame winning break .

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by balkend View Post
    Trump playing some amazing stuff tonight . Poor Holt caught him when he's on a purple patch
    Gotta just say Holt played some brilliant snooker and really showed what a talent he has .at 5-3 he looked strong but needs to tighten up his safety game to really compete against the best. The 128 break and two finishing blacks In were sublime.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Good win for Yan, too. He’s playing very well right now.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Good win for Joe Perry. Should secure his Crucible place. As the China Open has been cancelled it looks like Carter would need to win the Gibraltar Open.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Sorry, I'm not actually in a bad mood, so I'm not sure why every little thing annoys me lately. Must be Billy's influence. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    There is no reason to doubt Michael Holt's best years are still ahead of him?! How do they come up with this stuff...

Leave a comment:

• balkend
    replied
    Trump playing some amazing stuff tonight . Poor Holt caught him when he's on a purple patch

Leave a comment:

• Csmith
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I’ve never quite understood the logic when pundits talk about players missing a ‘black of the spot’ - as though a black of the spot is somehow easier than any other pot assuming good cue ball position. I suppose it’s because it’s a shot played more than any other, but still doesn’t really add up that a black off the spot is any easier than any other pot.
    I think it's more that, at this level it's the main area where they need to eliminate mistakes. As you mention, it's the pot that is practiced more than any other and missing it tends to leave your opponent in. But in the grand scheme of things it's not necessarily the easiest shot in the world, it's relatively near a cushion compared to the other colours and getting too low or too high can make it touchy. The pink, by comparison, has a pretty large positional zone where it is next to unmissable. Below the pro level, in the WSF and IBSF events the black gets missed all the time. Not a lot, but often enough.

Leave a comment:

• John Flaf
    replied
    I felt sorry for Mark, He kept his chin up throughout but He never got one break ( not a break ) with the balls, totaly diff story for MS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X