No announcement yet.

2020 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very pleased for Andy Lee , he has hardly won any matches this season and to win a decider from 51 down hopefully will give him some much needed confidence .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

O'Donnell flying against Ford
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Did Thorne call the extended spider an extended swan-neck?

Comment

What is the record for the longest BO7?

That was 3hrs 50+ mins

Comment

What a last frame that was , they were both in on about 3 separate occasions ………...well done Anthony

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Did Thorne call the extended spider an extended swan-neck?
              Is he commentating again? He was never my favourite but I kind of miss his voice.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Him and Virgo on BBC Wales .

I don't mind Thorne far better than Yates , who I can't stand due to the amount of pauses he does during sentences .

The only thing with Thorne is that he goes in depth with what the next shot is going to be , the player then plays a different shot and he says ' you could play it that way as well ' !!!

Comment

I can understand O’Sullivan’s frustration when it comes to the replacing of balls. He does his best to tell them where the cue ball was, they even ask both players if they’re happy, but they’ve clearly no real interest in listening to what the player at the table says.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Greene played well and not that slow

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      I can understand O’Sullivan’s frustration when it comes to the replacing of balls. He does his best to tell them where the cue ball was, they even ask both players if they’re happy, but they’ve clearly no real interest in listening to what the player at the table says.
                      What I saw was ronnie finally indicated to check the screen
                      shame for Carrington not keeping the flow he finally found going

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

What I saw was ronnie finally indicated to check the screen
                        Yes, fair enough, he did, but I see it all the time, especially with certain referees. The player is trying to show them where the cue ball was and the ref just blanks them in favour of the assistant.

I really don't know why they bother asking both players if they're happy, because they seem to have no say in the final decision anyway.

Comment

Some great results from the players that I follow , but result of the day is Gerard Greene beating Carter . Fantastic stuff .

Comment

Someone tell eurosport commentator that was a steal not a dish by Dominic Dale when he took the black to win by 7.

Comment

What a good run Soheil Vahedi is having in this Tournament , just beaten Jack Lisowski 4 nil in about one hour 10 mins ! Great performance .

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Yes, fair enough, he did, but I see it all the time, especially with certain referees. The player is trying to show them where the cue ball was and the ref just blanks them in favour of the assistant.

I really don't know why they bother asking both players if they're happy, because they seem to have no say in the final decision anyway.
                                The miss rule is in place because all players are deemed cheats so why bother asking them where the cue ball was, they're going to lie in order to have it placed in a more favourable position.
                                All this replacing of the cue ball bollocks can be done away with if the referee's were allowed to use their ball markers, take the cue ball off the table and make a mark on the cloth with a chalk pencil exactly where it lies. The mark can be easily brushed away afterwards, but no, they (the refs) must be seen to be professional, astute and decisive in the carrying out of this stupid rule rather than nancying about and delaying the match as I and many others see it.
                                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                                X