Do You Want Canned Applause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Want Canned Applause?

I think they're ridiculous and distracting.

-
    Yes
    48.00%
    No
    52.00%
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

yes because it feels a little too sterile without it .

Comment

Strong no from me. It's not that it's particularly distracting or anything, but pretending there's an audience there when we all now there isn't... We're not 5 years old, are we? :smile:

And on that note, I'm just watching an NBA game and the fake audience there is equally laughable. Grow up. :wink:

Comment

I agree with Trains, something is better than nothing!

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Strong no from me. It's not that it's particularly distracting or anything, but pretending there's an audience there when we all now there isn't... We're not 5 years old, are we? :smile:
          Exactly.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

No no for me.

Comment

Absolutely not .......like a ****e American comedy
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

no!! it sucks, and is of no value to the players or viewers! Less is more on this occasion...

If it was possible to use "vote" buttons on your Sky remote foe applause and make it more interactive that would be better in future.
                Last edited by Cue crafty; 4 August 2020, 09:43 PM.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Why are they pumping the applause into the tables ? The football fans noise is just for the home audience, I don't get it.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

The applause at the conclusion of a frame, session and match is ok but they have started doing it for a good pot now unless there are a handful of people in the arena clapping. That's going too far and soon the commentators will have a button so they can create their own canned laughter. Virgo would love that. It would be non stop.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                      Absolutely not .......like a ****e American comedy
                      Why not go the whole hog and have canned laughter every time a player misses a sitter !!

Comment

Might not be so bad but it seems such a poor quality recording

Comment

They should have had canned laughter when Selby played that red along the top rail ,and the ball rolled backwards back on to the table from the jaws of the pocket .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                            They should have had canned laughter when Selby played that red along the top rail ,and the ball rolled backwards back on to the table from the jaws of the pocket .
                            Missed that, was it the same pocket Binghams black stopped in ?
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

They should have canned cries of 'get on with it' when Selby is playing. I'll record a tape for them
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                              X