No announcement yet.

2020 World Grand Prix - B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as Ronnie’s watch alarm isn’t going off during play, what right has Kryten got to ask him to remove it??
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      As long as Ronnie’s watch alarm isn’t going off during play, what right has Kryten got to ask him to remove it??
      its definitely time for his head to go back to the lab for a retune Billy.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Poor show from Wilson tonight, how many chances do you want? Honestly trains, you say you see a future world No. 1 and world champ in him? AFAICS there'd have to be a considerable improvement in his game or a dramatic drop in the general standard. I hope it's the former, but right now I just don't see it.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

its definitely time for his head to go back to the lab for a retune Billy.
          Hehe. His name was Gilbert but he preferred it if people called him Ramases Niblick The Third Kerplunk Kerplunk Whoops Where’s My Thribble.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Poor show from Wilson tonight, how many chances do you want? Honestly trains, you say you see a future world No. 1 and world champ in him? AFAICS there'd have to be a considerable improvement in his game or a dramatic drop in the general standard. I hope it's the former, but right now I just don't see it.

-
            fair point pb , i missed the last frame , tbh i didn't see much of him before he beat dott at the uk , just seemed an almost majestic sort of player and add a very decent record in sheffield and a good record vs trump i just put two and two together , but yes i get your drift , ot but i saw most of john higgins match vs zhao xintong earlier , higgins looks pretty poor atm , maybe he should go back to practicing on his own again , i know he said he felt flat practicing at home but it really is striking how much poorer he looks compared to o sullivan this season , i remember he said he practiced at home and felt flat at home when he looked like the dogs bollox at one of those chinese events a few years ago when i think he lost to selby in the final but there definitely seems to be something missing with him now , personally i don't put much into the age factor i think maybe he should just review what he's doing thats all .

edit : i think the chinese event was the 2015 international championship , he beat selby in the semi final 9 - 4 .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

fair point pb , i missed the last frame , tbh i didn't see much of him before he beat dott at the uk , just seemed an almost majestic sort of player and add a very decent record in sheffield and a good record vs trump i just put two and two together , but yes i get your drift , ot but i saw most of john higgins match vs zhao xintong earlier , higgins looks pretty poor atm , maybe he should go back to practicing on his own again , i know he said he felt flat practicing at home but it really is striking how much poorer he looks compared to o sullivan this season , i remember he said he practiced at home and felt flat at home when he looked like the dogs bollox at one of those chinese events a few years ago when i think he lost to selby in the final but there definitely seems to be something missing with him now , personally i don't put much into the age factor i think maybe he should just review what he's doing thats all .
              Maybe they are all beginning to get a little stale , its one tournament after another , its not running marathons every week but professional snooker is a strain and its constant bombardment for the players . I know a lot of them get booted out early on but John Higgins runs deep into tournaments

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Maybe they are all beginning to get a little stale , its one tournament after another , its not running marathons every week but professional snooker is a strain and its constant bombardment for the players . I know a lot of them get booted out early on but John Higgins runs deep into tournaments
                Possibly, but it sorts the men from the boys and maybe some of them need to think about their fitness/lifestyle. It is a professional sport, not a night down the club with the lads.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Higgins titanium ferrule was supposed to be fantastic, yet another new cue was supposed to be fantastic, truth is he needs to lose a lot of weight and get himself fit. Trump, O'Sullivan, Selby and Robertson are proof of that, the fatties are struggling for consistancy.

A question for trains : are you talking about crap tables or difficult tables compared to the super fast bucket pocket pro tables that none of us mere mortals have access to ?
                  It seems to me that the tv tables are even easier than the outside tables at pro events, and the outside tables at pro events are a damn sight easier than the vintage ones I regularly play on at social clubs in north devon. Yet there are certain players who make tons on these tables, but they're a rare event and get great kudos from those of us who know just how hard it is, especially for someone who holds down a full time job and only plays a couple of times week.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    Higgins titanium ferrule was supposed to be fantastic, yet another new cue was supposed to be fantastic, truth is he needs to lose a lot of weight and get himself fit. Trump, O'Sullivan, Selby and Robertson are proof of that, the fatties are struggling for consistancy.

A question for trains : are you talking about crap tables or difficult tables compared to the super fast bucket pocket pro tables that none of us mere mortals have access to ?
                    It seems to me that the tv tables are even easier than the outside tables at pro events, and the outside tables at pro events are a damn sight easier than the vintage ones I regularly play on at social clubs in north devon. Yet there are certain players who make tons on these tables, but they're a rare event and get great kudos from those of us who know just how hard it is, especially for someone who holds down a full time job and only plays a couple of times week.

Hi vmax do you mean my quoting of cue crafty about jack lisowski ? in that case i was just referring to the fact that lisowski’s been a member of the grove academy in romford for i think about a decade and the access and practice he gets there with judd trump and others has to have been a huge help in his keeping and consolidating his pro place since he became a pro about ten years ago .

About the table john higgins practises on with maguire mcgill and is it dott i have no idea .

Yes with pro’s getting so much experience on these faster tables and the lack of facilities outside of world snooker it really is compounding the imbalance between the pro and amateur game , i’ve posted it on here twice now but i think wst should just allow anyone to become a pro now as long as they pay a reasonable fee , that way the game at least would look and feel a little less increasingly aloof and alienated .

Comment

I agree with much of this ,you can add a Mark Allen to the list of obese players with new cues that are playing badly when they should be looking at the real problems .

Mark Allen has problems with his feet

He can’t keep them out the chip shop .

Comment

Agree totally with vmax about obese players struggling to regain/maintain their previous form , Ronnie runs regularly,, regaining , reinstating royally his status in the game , athletic prowess does not stave off brain farts unfortunately.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                          Yes with pro’s getting so much experience on these faster tables and the lack of facilities outside of world snooker it really is compounding the imbalance between the pro and amateur game , i’ve posted it on here twice now but i think wst should just allow anyone to become a pro now as long as they pay a reasonable fee , that way the game at least would look and feel a little less increasingly aloof and alienated .
                          Not Lisowski in particular, the british amateur game as a whole compared to what it was back in the boom time of the 80's. I know that here in north devon it's a bit of a backwater, no snooker clubs at all, only the old tables in the political and social clubs to play on and they're all very old and vary in their severity of conditions (pocket size that is). Howls of derision in our club when there's snooker on the tv and balls are swallowed at pace off the near and far jaws. I would say 80% of the tons made on tv wouldn't be made on the match table in our club.
                          I suppose the chinese fraternity have no experience of tables like these having been honed from youth on only modern ones, maybe that's why they're coming through as they are with the backing of their communist leaders, not a bad thing in my eyes. It's a pity the UK government can't do something similar, after all athletics, swimming and many other sports and games get lottery funding but I suppose as long as O'Sullivan, Trump, Selby et al keep winning the big ones no one will care, but if there's an asian takeover they might wake up to it.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Prime example is Shaun Murphy. Since lockdown he's gain a lot of weight and the travelling between Ireland and self isolating must be taking its toll.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                              Prime example is Shaun Murphy. Since lockdown he's gain a lot of weight and the travelling between Ireland and self isolating must be taking its toll.
                              I had five months off work on furlough and only gained an inch on my waistline, which is now gone. I was busy in the workship making cues but I wasn't out jogging everyday, these people simply eat too much of the wrong food and don't exercise. It ain't darts, your gut and your moobs get in the way if your stance/action is based on when you were young and slim.

Comment

I had five months off work on furlough and only gained an inch on my waistline, which is now gone. I was busy in the workship making cues but I wasn't out jogging everyday, these people simply eat too much of the wrong food and don't exercise. It ain't darts, your gut and your moobs get in the way if your stance/action is based on when you were young and slim.

It's a bit more complicated than that Steve. From what I saw of you on the video you posted a while ago I'd say you're a naturally skinny bloke, like me. I can eat whatever I want and still hover around 9-1/2 10 stone regardless. It's not so easy for some people, genetics play a huge part in determining our apatite and body shape, this is scientifically proven. We are evolutionally predisposed to gorge on fat and sugar when we come across them, because they were once rare resources, because of this they can be highly addictive. Us skinny types would have actually struggled to survive in the long and distant past because we do not have this urge to gorge or the ability to store fat to the same degree. But the real killer these days is the industry that exploits this trait, the addictiveness of fat and sugar is used to generate billion dollar profits by all of the major consortiums, the same consortiums who own the drug companies that make all of the expensive drugs and procedures to 'cure' us when we succumb to their evil machinations. Have you seen the adverts encouraging us all to overindulge this Christmas? Playing on our need for relief from this horrific year, all the shelves rammed with brightly packaged killer junk food? KFC proudly announcing their "Greedy Bucket", it never ends.

Yes, of course personal responsibility plays a big part in all of this, but for a lot of people it's not so easy when this stuff is being constantly pushed at them. They could do with a little help from their governments to stem the flow, but that's unlikely when you consider how much money they get in taxes from the food and drug companies and of course their own individual personal profits from shares and the like in the same. They'd love nothing more than to privatise our health service so we could be like the US, profits for pushing the junk, profits for pushing the pills, and round and around they go, generating money and misery in equal and vast proportions.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X