No announcement yet.

Invitational tour card for Stephen Hendry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shurely the BBC is a moot point, Alan McManus and Neil Foulds both commentate and both are active on the circuit.
    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

I don’t see him coming back at all now ,after he watched that match with Selby and Robertson he’s probably thinking it wasn’t a great idea for a comeback .We need to remember he’s in his 50’s now and his game went south nearly 20 years ago ,with no serious match practice and the high level and amount of players around now I really can’t see it happening .If his performance in the senior Worlds was anything to go by then he should keep thinking up good excuses for not playing .

Comment

Hendry must be tied in to a lengthy contract with the BBC earning him him at least six figures a year and he's established himself as a senior pundit so maybe there's a conflict with his contract or he's thinking if he plays a match and is whitewashed it could affect his other business dealings. His earning power is based on his reputation in the game so could be damaged if his return to professional tournaments is a disaster.

I just hope Hendry plays in the World Championship 2021 and it's a Hendry - Higgins final that goes beyond midnight. O'sullivan v Hendry and Williams v Higgins semi finals. It would be like a 90s flashback.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Hendry must be tied in to a lengthy contract with the BBC earning him him at least six figures a year and he's established himself as a senior pundit so maybe there's a conflict with his contract or he's thinking if he plays a match and is whitewashed it could affect his other business dealings. His earning power is based on his reputation in the game so could be damaged if his return to professional tournaments is a disaster.

I just hope Hendry plays in the World Championship 2021 and it's a Hendry - Higgins final that goes beyond midnight to a final frame. O'sullivan v Hendry and Williams v Higgins semi finals.
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

The game has certainly evolved since Stephens heyday, Safety is paramount now whereas Stephens game was totally focused on Attack and one visit frames, I think safety was a very secondry element of his game.
            Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Hendry says he will skip this year's world qualifiers. I wonder if he will be given a tour card after his current one expires. Hearn was in favour of it.
              Last edited by fkhan; 28 March 2024, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Will he play in the World Seniors straight after the World Championship do you know? Having back-read all the previous pages of this thread, Hendry has
                not really done much, but I don't have a problem with it really it's up to him. He is a good pundit, personally I think he is probably the best of all the ex player
                pundits.

Comment

He needs banned
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                  X