X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep he has had it since around 1996 - so his whole career
    some on social media are say just borrow another cue, etc
    we all know that it is never the same even with exact dimensions
    maybe it is the shock and the disbelief that Mark may not have even considered borrowing a cue and try to play the match, we may never know
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Bad news for Mark. I think nowadays every player needs to have a backup cue at home just in case they lose or break the playing cue.
      Last edited by fkhan; 25 September 2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

the thing is, you would have a case for two cues, not two cases!
        especially as the players do not have their match-buddy with them at the moment
        maybe, :shrug:?

edit:
        it took Shaun Murphy nearly 12 months to fully get on with his new cue
        Last edited by DeanH; 25 September 2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

just read Mark's statement, he left the cue in its case leaning against the car as he put his luggage in the boot, then went to the hotel reception, then back to the car and drove off. Later realising the cue was not in the boot, he had left it leaning against the car

https://wst.tv/davis-devastated-by-stolen-cue/

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            just read Mark's statement, he left the cue in its case leaning against the car as he put his luggage in the boot, then went to the hotel reception, then back to the car and drove off. Later realising the cue was not in the boot, he had left it leaning against the car

https://wst.tv/davis-devastated-by-stolen-cue/
            Oh dear , in a way that’s even worse .

It sounds like something i would do

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

agreed mate, it is just a question of time. I will enjoy the class of 92's twilight years but also crave seeing something better than average emerge in the snooker world. Ronnie has done everything i could have hoped for now as a fan and a lover of a peoples champion style player. I can honestly say I'm not putting all my hopes into him beating Hendry's 7 World titles. If he does, then great but i really do feel now that snooker as a TV sport/game will benefit hugely from new talents emerging, I just hope they can thrill as well as win.

Someone like Jack Lisowski, but with Hendry's attitude would be beautiful to watch. I still hope there will be more to Jacks repertoire, but sadly fear there is not...

Well the world’s greatest ever broadcaster david hendon said in the noughties about 362 times that the class of 92 were in the twilight of their career , 15 years removed and he’s still bang on .
              is there any real reason they can’t be strong contenders in their 60’s , honestly i can’t think of any .

Comment

Yeh, the amount of times i've left me handbag on the roof and drove off....:friendly_wink:
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I agree it’s time for some new guns to come through and hopefully spark some interest .
                  It’s funny as I’m seeing the most off the current players apart from the ‘class of 92’ as new players due to the break I had as I didn’t even hardly watch snooker during that period . Its been interesting watching the likes of Lisowski who I really enjoy watching for his style but some of the shots he misses are mind boggling, it gives us all hope .

Watching the new pro’s on the circuit during this tournament I’ve really enjoyed as well but there is nobody so far that really stands out unless I’ve missed something . I guess it takes time to adjust to the pro set up if you haven’t played it before ...... i can hear ‘Trains’ typing his reply to that comment

I think if they’ve got a good practice set - up most of it from there on is between the ears i suppose , re louis heathcote and ursenbacher’s wins over ali carter and gary wilson in the world’s and hill’s here , he’s just beat matthew stevens today too , also particularly in hill’s case as he’s just started he’s less shot - shy with less bad memories , interesting how he fares with yan bingtao about now , if he wins has any new player ever had such a good start to their career ?

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Well the world’s greatest ever broadcaster david hendon said in the noughties about 362 times that the class of 92 were in the twilight of their career , 15 years removed and he’s still bang on .
                    is there any real reason they can’t be strong contenders in their 60’s , honestly i can’t think of any .
                    Hey Trains - so very true. Only health can really stop them now. A young gun takes one of them down from time to time, that's always gonna happen isn't it. I do feel lucky to have watched these guys throughout their careers.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

This Year the defending champion is Neil Robertson, last year it was Jimmy Robertson, I think this is a first, have two different players with the same surname, but different Christian names won the same ranking title in consecutive years, now that's one for Phil Yates.
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        Bad news for Mark. I think nowadays every player needs to have a backup cue at home just in case they lose or break the playing cue.
                        He has a back up cue, at home indeed, hence the withdrawal.

edit: just saw on twitter he got in back
                        Last edited by motorhead; 26 September 2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I just don't get why on earth I can't change language on the ES player for snooker matches, you can for tennis matches but not snooker. I even emailed them, the reply didn't explain anything at all.

Comment

Judd and Kyren meet once again in the quarters. Can Judd get his revenge?

Common Gould!
                            Last edited by fkhan; 26 September 2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

come on Martin!

Mark already striking the balls sweetly! danger signs for Martin.

Comment

4 - 0 up and looking good.

Come on Mark!

Would actually like to see more from Martin, for the sake of the match.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X