The Masters 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Yes indeed and Hendry was reminded of it again last night on BBC coverage with the video of it also , he tried to laugh it off but you could see it still hurts !
    Mark Williams loves to taunt Hendry about this shot. When Hendry invited his pal to a video chat last summer, Willo had printed out a big picture of that famous shot and pinned it directly behind himself on the wall so it was the first thing Hendry saw, when he entered the chat - and obviously the first topic in the chat. And I think Williams referred about 10 times to it over the course of their conversation.

I didn't saw the match live back then, but really that out of all people the seemingly steel minded Stephen Hendry missed that shot...

Comment

• Hendry says he is definitely playing again in March , be very interesting to see if he actually does and what he is capable of , It will take a bit of bottle to put himself under the public scrutiny again but he was never found wanting when it came to having enough bottle

Comment

• Great to see Yan win , fed up with the Commentators bemoaning his style of play . Saying that he isn't easy on the eye and no flair in his game . Well i for one enjoyed watching him , the clearance when he took the pink down the rail was incredible . Even Higgins apparently acknowledged that whilst sat in his chair .
        So for once i have to disagree with Neal Foulds assessment of Yan's style .
        Great for the game as well to see different winners and hopefully this will propel Yan to being a contender in future Tournaments .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• I watched most of it this morning with out knowing the result ,great win for a Yan ,plenty more to come from him .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
            Great to see Yan win , fed up with the Commentators bemoaning his style of play . Saying that he isn't easy on the eye and no flair in his game . Well i for one enjoyed watching him , the clearance when he took the pink down the rail was incredible . Even Higgins apparently acknowledged that whilst sat in his chair .
            Agreed. His style rather reminds me of Mark Williams. The way he drifts around the table in a pocket of silence... the slow drop into the shot, and the way he prefers to roll in his pots rather than punch.

"Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
              Great to see Yan win , fed up with the Commentators bemoaning his style of play . Saying that he isn't easy on the eye and no flair in his game . Well i for one enjoyed watching him , the clearance when he took the pink down the rail was incredible . Even Higgins apparently acknowledged that whilst sat in his chair .
              Great for the game as well to see different winners and hopefully this will propel Yan to being a contender in future Tournaments .
              Agreed, and that yellow in the middle pocket had them all wondering how the hell he played it, one thought running side another stun, finally Ronnie convincing everyone he played it plain ball....Brilliant that he had all those "experts" trying to work out the way he played a shot. That in itself tells you something about this lads, not always conventional style.

People do love to be able to "Pigeon hole" everything and put a badge on players. I think Yan's style is all his own and its working well for him.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hendry says he is definitely playing again in March , be very interesting to see if he actually does and what he is capable of , It will take a bit of bottle to put himself under the public scrutiny again but he was never found wanting when it came to having enough bottle
                Sounds about right. I presume he's targeting the world championship qualifiers, so he's going to have to get some match practice before then.

Edit: Don't think there's much schedules for March, other than Gibraltar which is potentially going to get cancelled. Maybe he'll enter the Welsh Open in February.

Comment

• I posted a couple of years ago that Yan was as good then as he would ever be. I'll take that back and say he's as good now as he needs to be, well done mate, but Higgins was quite poor at times. Ronnie must be rather peeved that a totally different Higgins turned up against him.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    I posted a couple of years ago that Yan was as good then as he would ever be. I'll take that back and say he's as good now as he needs to be, well done mate, but Higgins was quite poor at times. Ronnie must be rather peeved that a totally different Higgins turned up against him.
                    yeh, I have to admit it bugged me that JH turned in that performance against Ronnie but handed so many chances back to Yan.... I wonder how Ronnie would have done against Yan in the final??

You could feel how much it meant to JH, but to Ronnie it would have been an eighth Masters win, so he had less to lose and being world champ he knows he can still win big.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hendry says he is definitely playing again in March , be very interesting to see if he actually does and what he is capable of , It will take a bit of bottle to put himself under the public scrutiny again but he was never found wanting when it came to having enough bottle
                      I would really love to see him fare well on his return, but I doubt it. His rare appearances at the seniors level (world seniors championships of the last four years) were not successful at all, losing to Jimmy White, Darren Morgan, Peter Lines and Jonathan Bagley.

Comment

Working...
                      X