Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PatBlock
    replied
    Just a quick reminder about my world championship prediction contest peeps, in case you weren't aware or forgot, it's free to enter and you could take 50 pounds off me if you win. It's open for another week, but if there's a tie, first correct entry wins. If you're interested, it's here:

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...-free-to-enter

(Please read the rules before entering)

-

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    I think your in the wrong forum guys .....

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Yes it is ,as always ,really enjoying the masters and I think it’s going to be a classic finish maybe 7 under will win it if it stays hard fast and dry .Makes a nice change from the snooker .Looking forward to Sheffield ,but can’t be arsed with any of this snooker qualifying stuff .
    I come on here to see what's happening qualifier wise, but same TBH I haven't watched any of the matches. Nice to see Rose doing well, been a long time since a European won, but got a feeling Finau' s day is due and Corned Beef (Speith) is back to winning ways. It's stacking up quite nicely, hope it's a classic Sunday back 9.

Then we can enjoy the World's proper after.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Angles McManus decided to retire. Probably makes more as TV pundit.

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Augusta's looking great as always,
    Yes it is ,as always ,really enjoying the masters and I think it’s going to be a classic finish maybe 7 under will win it if it stays hard fast and dry .Makes a nice change from the snooker .Looking forward to Sheffield ,but can’t be arsed with any of this snooker qualifying stuff .

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
    Didn’t he play Perry in qualifying last year? I remember there where some questions being raised in his McGill match about moving about in his opponents eye line. Hopefully he can forget about that and go one better!
    yes and gentlemen joe thought the same about clarke moving his towel when perry was on the shot in that match too , he'd still have to beat mark davis or stuart carrington after that to qualify , tough school .

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Didn’t he play Perry in qualifying last year? I remember there where some questions being raised in his McGill match about moving about in his opponents eye line. Hopefully he can forget about that and go one better!

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

What a difference a year makes! Lol
    i knew he was a good player just thought that mark allen was a bridge too far , still would really if they were drawn again but closer i guess

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by trains View Post
    yes PatBlock i saw the yuan lawler match , lawler missed an easy brown earlier in that last frame that let yuan in and refused a relatively easy red to middle from baulk before that so he made it harder for himself too , what about jamie clarke's win over jamie o'neill , came back from 0 - 5 , got to hand it to him , if he beats joe perry in the next round i'll call him the qualifiers kid or some other name , o ' neill was throwing his cue at shots at the end , class really .
    What a difference a year makes! Lol

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Yes trains, I kept an eye on that one as well, hellova result. I'll be rooting for Jamie, soz joe.

-

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    yes PatBlock i saw the yuan lawler match , lawler missed an easy brown earlier in that last frame that let yuan in and refused a relatively easy red to middle from baulk before that so he made it harder for himself too , what about jamie clarke's win over jamie o'neill , came back from 0 - 5 , got to hand it to him , if he beats joe perry in the next round i'll call him the qualifiers kid or some other name , o ' neill was throwing his cue at shots at the end , class really .
    Last edited by trains; 9 April 2021, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Good to see The Sheriff go through to the next round, 6 - 1.

Anyone else stay up for the end of the Lawler v Sijun match last night? Turned out to be quite a dramatic finish. SiJun needed the pink to win by 8 points, it was a medium straight-ish pink to the top yellow corner pocket, a very gettable pot but for some reason he hammered it and missed. Rod then potted a cracking long half ball pink, leaving him on the side cushion for the black which was very close to the top cushion, middle-ish, he stroked it in beautifully, winning the match by 11 points. SiJun must be absolutely gutted, I reckon he'd miss that pink 1/50 normally, talk about a rush of blood to the head. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but you've got to give Rod credit, he always gives 110% and he's as committed and determined as anyone. Wembo next for him, what a contrast, tough match but I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him win it.
    One thing's for sure, Liang's gonna have to brink his paint scraper with him.

-
    Rod's pace always seems natural to me, and I don’t avoid watching him play. Lee Walker I avoid at all costs

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

And Alex Higgins( for his first) had to win a couple of qualifying matches
    Which started in 1971, two qualifying matches and the first round by november that year and the qtr's, semi's and final in 1972, opponents were Ronnie Gross (16-5), Maurice Parkin (11-3), Jack Rea (19-11), Rex Williams (31-30) and John Spencer (37-31), all played at different venues all over the country.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Good to see The Sheriff go through to the next round, 6 - 1.

Anyone else stay up for the end of the Lawler v Sijun match last night? Turned out to be quite a dramatic finish. SiJun needed the pink to win by 8 points, it was a medium straight-ish pink to the top yellow corner pocket, a very gettable pot but for some reason he hammered it and missed. Rod then potted a cracking long half ball pink, leaving him on the side cushion for the black which was very close to the top cushion, middle-ish, he stroked it in beautifully, winning the match by 11 points. SiJun must be absolutely gutted, I reckon he'd miss that pink 1/50 normally, talk about a rush of blood to the head. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but you've got to give Rod credit, he always gives 110% and he's as committed and determined as anyone. Wembo next for him, what a contrast, tough match but I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him win it.
    One thing's for sure, Liang's gonna have to brink his paint scraper with him.

-
    Last edited by PatBlock; 9 April 2021, 01:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by trains View Post

you're not dennis taylor are you ? is ghou yulonge playing today ?

d64f91ac54c2dafbeb7dc59794bdb5ed.jpg
    Lolz - you got me!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X