Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which non top 16 player do you like or expect to play well in the world championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which non top 16 player do you like or expect to play well in the world championship

qualifiers and or crucible

Anthony mcgill nearly made the final last year , kurt maflin beat dave gilbert and john higgins to make the quarter final’s , jamie clarke very nearly made the qf’s , noppon saengkham nearly beat selby to make the qf’s ,

any others you see , luca brecel , the two iranians vafaei or vahedi , zhao xintong or gary wilson like 2019 , who do you like

Good idea trains.

I'd like to see Vafaei get a few good results, you can see his hunger and determination. If he wins a match or two we might get to learn a bit more about him.

And of course, I want to see my mate (and yours ) Dom Dale have a good run.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Surely Ballrun Bingham will get his act together. Hard to see anyone out of top 16 progressing apart from the Chinese lads who can be dangerous.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Good idea trains.

I'd like to see Vafaei get a few good results, you can see his hunger and determination. If he wins a match or two we might get to learn a bit more about him.

And of course, I want to see my mate (and yours ) Dom Dale have a good run.

-
        Vafaei's compatriot Soheil Vahedi looked dangerous and keen in the recent gibraltar open including beating mark williams , his list of opponents is chang bingyu in round 2 , tom ford in round 3 , then noppon saengkham or lu haotian in round 4 , vahedi is 25/1 to qualify from that group with betfair , very generous imo .

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Surely Ballrun Bingham will get his act together. Hard to see anyone out of top 16 progressing apart from the Chinese lads who can be dangerous.
          i thought you would have said scott donaldson , potentially only dom dale and matt selt to qualify , hardly insurmountable .

Comment

Good shout Trains, Scott Donaldson has definitely got a chance. These longer formats definitely help the better players. To me it's like test match cricket compared to twenty twenty. One is a true test but like the best of sevens the other is just a knock around, baseball with pads on.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Good shout Trains, Scott Donaldson has definitely got a chance. These longer formats definitely help the better players. To me it's like test match cricket compared to twenty twenty. One is a true test but like the best of sevens the other is just a knock around, baseball with pads on.
              i don't mind best of seven's tbf , judd trump won what was it 27 straight matches in best seven's , its long enough imo , its only these recent best of three's , first to two's even just to type it seems silly , not sure if i'd even play in them if i was a pro and had other things to do .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

i thought you would have said scott donaldson , potentially only dom dale and matt selt to qualify , hardly insurmountable .
                I hope Scott does well but can’t see it. He’s had a poor season and looks like dropping out of top 32. This bloomin COVID has affected him badly. He’s not been getting the same amount of games against top quality players. Missing the Chinese tournaments was bad for him. He liked playing in them. Didn’t do anything in that WST best of 3 thingy. Hope he proves me wrong but Matt Selt could be tough. He looked in good form when he played Hendry.

Comment

notable bets to qualify , jimmy white 33/1 , stephen hendry 33/1 , reanne evans 275/1 , i know bookmakers have to entice customers but 275/1 for evans is generous , she beat robin hull a few years ago and is probably a better player now , and she isn't in the hardest group as graeme dott can blow hot and cold .

Comment

I think Dott is looking dangerous, and Ali Carter.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      I think Dott is looking dangerous, and Ali Carter.

Carter’s potential round 3 opponent is 21 year old first year player pang junxu , junxu’s already won 13 matches this season , pretty good , just from a new players perspective i’d like to see junxu win that , and if hicks or evans doesn’t bother graeme dott sunny akani might .

The 11 and 12 group below dott’s looks hard to call , jamie jones michael holt higginson and li hang .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Carter’s potential round 3 opponent is 21 year old first year player pang junxu , junxu’s already won 13 matches this season , pretty good , just from a new players perspective i’d like to see junxu win that , and if hicks or evans doesn’t bother graeme dott sunny akani might .

The 11 and 12 group below dott’s looks hard to call , jamie jones michael holt higginson and li hang .
                        I like watching Sunny, his address used to be so funny, but he's clearly maturing and working on his game, he's another I'd like to see win a few this year.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I like watching Sunny, his address used to be so funny, but he's clearly maturing and working on his game, he's another I'd like to see win a few this year.

-
                          yes that Dalek left hand its like snookers answer to goran ivanisevic , i don't think he or his countryman thepchaiyah un nooh can complain too much about the draw , apparently there's a funding issue with prospective new thailand players so we might not be seeing anymore for a while so another reason to root for them and noppon saengkham in these qualifiers .

Comment

-
                            No player works harder than Sunny but his Dad should slacken the reins a little and let Sunny develop independently . I see only 2 out of 4 of the main snooker pundits tip Un Nooh to qualify for Sheffield. He ran Trump very close 2 years ago in Sheffield in a later round but has dropped out of the top players standings a little. Un Nooh reminds me of Jack Lisowski , bundles of natural ability but prone to playing very lax shots on occasions.

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post

No player works harder than Sunny but his Dad should slacken the reins a little and let Sunny develop independently . I see only 2 out of 4 of the main snooker pundits tip Un Nooh to qualify for Sheffield. He ran Trump very close 2 years ago in Sheffield in a later round but has dropped out of the top players standings a little. Un Nooh reminds me of Jack Lisowski , bundles of natural ability but prone to playing very lax shots on occasions.
                              Was that not the first round? Did he mis cue or something and let Trump in playing the decider. It was the year Trump won it.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X