No announcement yet.

2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Front Row Brian has got his usual seat in the audience. He won’t be happy at having to wear a mask as he loved getting his face shown on TV.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

That’s so funny Dean as I was going to post something similar . I can’t remember them being that loud before or it could be that we just haven’t heard a full audience for so long we’ve forgotten what it sounds like .
      I thought so too ,defiantly seems louder than yesterday,I know there’s more crowd in ,but it seems louder

Comment

• Is there somebody holding oooh and aaahh cards up to the audience!!
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I want Murphy to win this. And I want him to grow a manly moustache. Those fist pumps from a moustached man is what snooker is lacking nowadays. I mean it.
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
            Very informative post by Zelig, I like Ronnies thinking, I will play my game my way, If I loose then it's on my terms so be it, Well thats sort of what Zelig said, Thats exactly how Shaun has to approach the Final, if you succumb to Marks game you are lost.
            Hi John, here is an exact reference

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/18/ronni...mber-12870022/

This is what I had in mind while watching last-year's semi-final. That Selby-O'Sullivan match was not a match, it was a Treaty of Snooker Philosophy! That match really made me change my mind about the game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Zelig View Post

This is what I had in mind while watching last-year's semi-final. That Selby-O'Sullivan match was not a match, it was a Treaty of Snooker Philosophy! That match really made me change my mind about the game.
              The author of that piece ( very good) has a snooker podcast out with another snooker journo . It’s called Talking Snooker and is a good listen .

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000519217641

Comment

• Originally Posted by Zelig View Post

Yes brilliant that, and a great and brave decision to make. Metaphorically it was like casting off the chains and shackles that he felt Selby had wrapped around him.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Shall we call it 17-17 and get on with the decider?
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    Shall we call it 17-17 and get on with the decider?
                    No, actually, I quite enjoy this... great finale so far, much better than last year's IMHO. Anybody's.
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• ...but the last three frames I didn't enjoy at all.
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• O'Sullivan seems pretty confident in his analysis considering how wrong he was two days ago.

Decent first day, but the fireworks should come tomorrow. Or at least I hope they do, which means Murphy has to start playing a bit.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                          ...but the last three frames I didn't enjoy at all.
                          I did. Particularly the last frame, I thought it was a tactical masterclass.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I did. Particularly the last frame, I thought it was a tactical masterclass.

-
                            It was, wasn't it?
                            Absolutely loved it. Like a chessgame with Selby trying to set every pawn into the perfect position. The way trying to make the table complicated and even giving away foul points to make a cushion attempt on a red instead of not moving it from there, that was just fantastic to watch.

Those evening session looked what I actually thought most frames could be like. Murphy's long game was very well, but he didn't take most of his chances and then Selby creates his own chances via safeties or a good pot from himself.

Will be a tough battle for Shaun here. He needs to pot as good as yesterday or even better, but also increase the level of his positional play.

Comment

• I found this observation from Hendry quite amusing, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/sno...ost_type=share

​​​​​​Apparently Steve Davis summed up the match as a fight between Harry Potter (Shaun wanting to just pot all the balls) and a Dementor from Askaban ( Selby sucking all the joy, hope and soul out of his opponent ) which is quite funny if you are a Harry Potter fan.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• The first couple of games are crucial today . I really hope Murphy takes them otherwise I can’t see a way back for him .
                                I enjoyed the tactical games last night but I wouldn’t like to see the whole match go that way .

Comment

Working...
                                X