BetVictor English Open 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    As someone who strongly dislikes the way matches are chosen for TV, this thread got me curious now. Who did Wilson lose out to?
    not difficult to guess if you look at the time of results on snooker.org , he won his match two days ago when the television started rolling about 25 minutes before ding junhui won his match.

Comment

Alright, it's not entirely clear which match belongs to which session, but I take it he lost out to Trump and Ding?

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        I don't think my opinion of Hendry or his legacy will ever be dented, I like my Motorbike racing and Valentino Rossi still racing at 42, although it's sad to see the decline it's still nostalgic watching him perform.
        I genuinely think I could beat Hendry in a best of 7 and many good amateurs could for that matter, i'm not convinced he'd win our league's singles but he's still the GOAT for me and seeing him make that 100 against Selt the other month took me way back.
        Totally agree ,O’Sullivan may be the most naturally talented player to pick up a cue ,but Hendry was the best match player of all time ,he totally dominated a decade ,something Ronnie never did .For all Ronnies talent he’s an underachiever.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Alright, it's not entirely clear which match belongs to which session, but I take it he lost out to Trump and Ding?
          http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...=22&event=1132

1 Nov 2021 lost out to ding

2 Nov 2021 i think he might have had the tv table and his match started a few hours before trump's so no clash with trump

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Totally agree ,O’Sullivan may be the most naturally talented player to pick up a cue ,but Hendry was the best match player of all time ,he totally dominated a decade ,something Ronnie never did .For all Ronnies talent he’s an underachiever.
            selby beat hendry every way upside's you can think of at the crucible a few years ago , so the scot couldn't possibly be the best match player for me when selby already has 4 wc's , not saying selby's necessarily the best either but for me he's a better player than hendry and tbh there isn't a debate.

Comment

Hope Akani takes it to Robertson and the Sheriff takes Ronnie , let the underdogs have their day. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

selby beat hendry every way upside's you can think of at the crucible a few years ago , so the scot couldn't possibly be the best match player for me when selby already has 4 wc's , not saying selby's necessarily the best either but for me he's a better player than hendry and tbh there isn't a debate.
                what the hell are you on about , Selby was still filling his pants when hendry was at the top .You seem to continually judge him over the last few years of his waning career and his comeback .

Comment

what the hell are you on about , Selby was still filling his pants when hendry was at the top .You seem to continually judge him over the last few years of his waning career and his comeback .
                  i've watched hendry since 86 , seen loads of his matches since then , selby's a better player now and transport selby of the last ten years back to any time of hendry's career you want and selby would win every time , i could hand that back to you about you judging hendry when hendry was dominating snooker as well , selby is a better player now and again transport him to any period of hendry's career and selby would win , virtually zero doubt on that he's just a better player , nothing else to say really.

Comment

Hendry was never bothered about anyone else ,or anything else when he was in his prime , his game went south in his early 30's and unfortunately its no better now , probably worse tbh .Hendry more than likely came back for the money , he's a spender and always has been , its all in his book .Considering what he won his financial position is probably sketchy these days .On another point he's not really a good advertisement for sight right either
                    He's the perfect poster child for sight right, he's playing pish and it's making no difference
                    Never put him down as a spender, that's interesting to know.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                      Hope Akani takes it to Robertson and the Sheriff takes Ronnie , let the underdogs have their day. Fingers crossed
                      Fingers and toes crossed here.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Good result for amateur Ross Muir beating Ant McGill 4-0.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

i've watched hendry since 86 , seen loads of his matches since then , selby's a better player now and transport selby of the last ten years back to any time of hendry's career you want and selby would win every time , i could hand that back to you about you judging hendry when hendry was dominating snooker as well , selby is a better player now and again transport him to any period of hendry's career and selby would win , virtually zero doubt on that he's just a better player , nothing else to say really.
                          Hendry and O’Sullivan are regarded as the top two players to have ever picked up a cue ,even by fellow pro’s ,but your entitled to your opinion , as is everyone .

Comment

Great result for the young amateur Paul Deaville beating Xintong in a decider.

I watched his previous match and was very impressed .

Comment

Hendry and O’Sullivan are regarded as the top two players to have ever picked up a cue ,even by fellow pro’s ,but your entitled to your opinion , as is everyone .
                              The game has moved on since the 80’s and the general standard is probably a lot higher. So trying to compare Selby to Hendry is like comparing Ali to Fury. Hendry was one of the great players of that generation but imagine if Trump, Robertson or Selby had been around! He wouldn’t be 7 times world champ… I still love to watch him play though, good or bad!

Comment

yes paul deaville probably practises in the liverpool area with andrew higginson robbie williams and rod lawler so he's getting plenty of table craft , no play til 1 pm today grrr they could have spaced it out a bit more , the customer is always right !!

Comment

Working...
                                X