No announcement yet.

2021 Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...not only do they look misplaced at a snooker table, I really don't want to stare at them milky white arms of the players (or in the case of Ronnie: apish hairy arms).
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Never mind the polo shirts. What about Robbo's cropped ankle length trousers?

Comment

A bit sceptical about the durability of Rasson tables until I see this new one live. My only experience so far is the Magnum that was used in the 2018 CoC, which my club bought after the final. While I like how it plays and its appearance, there were a few details about materials that to me look very, very cheap solutions. Once in the rails under the pockets, balls are only trapped by a very light piece of plastic that is just glued to the ends of the metal rails, which means that after a few months of use it comes off and the balls fall on the floor! One day I was doing solo practice and I had to stop potting in that pocket due to the hassle... Along the cushions, the top of the sides feels empty (well, it's not wood...) and are wider than the sides of old tables - a bit like pool tables - which forces you to play differently when the CB is close to the cushions (you must place your bridge hand differently). Perhaps this last feature has been changed in the new Rasson table they are using this year, the (pseudo-bamboo) cushion sides look thinner to me on tv and more similar to the traditional tables. By the way, pockets are very, very narrow on the Magnum I know, far from being buckets. Maybe this changes from table to table, it is not a brand thing.

Aside from the cheap details, I still like how the Magnum plays (extremely fast, it's challenging but fun when heated and with the right cloth). But if I were to buy a table, I would consider the Aristocrat or a supercustomized Thurston, they give me more the feeling of quality / durability (but maybe I am wrong, who knows).

Comment

Are these tables Rasson? Why did they change that lovely black wood??
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Rasson have been around for 31 years now ,with the table using hard laminated wood and various other materials it should be very stable .The 36 point levelling system will work well for tweaks seeing as the slate is not the best .So far I like both their tables ,it’s good to see different designs used and Rasson are certainly showcasing some nice tables .One thing that is noticeable, you don’t see the amount of roll offs as you do with Star .

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
              The polo shirt would be ok for pool but it detracts from the status of snooker as a more serious game and on a higher level . Draughts and Chess . Call me old fashioned but.....
              If your old fashioned how about a nice Val Doonigan cardigan lol.

Comment

I don't like that shiny wet look material the polo shirts are made of, if they were normal polo shirts it wouldn't be so bad.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
                  A bit sceptical about the durability of Rasson tables until I see this new one live. My only experience so far is the Magnum that was used in the 2018 CoC, which my club bought after the final. While I like how it plays and its appearance, there were a few details about materials that to me look very, very cheap solutions. Once in the rails under the pockets, balls are only trapped by a very light piece of plastic that is just glued to the ends of the metal rails, which means that after a few months of use it comes off and the balls fall on the floor! One day I was doing solo practice and I had to stop potting in that pocket due to the hassle... Along the cushions, the top of the sides feels empty (well, it's not wood...) and are wider than the sides of old tables - a bit like pool tables - which forces you to play differently when the CB is close to the cushions (you must place your bridge hand differently). Perhaps this last feature has been changed in the new Rasson table they are using this year, the (pseudo-bamboo) cushion sides look thinner to me on tv and more similar to the traditional tables. By the way, pockets are very, very narrow on the Magnum I know, far from being buckets. Maybe this changes from table to table, it is not a brand thing.

Aside from the cheap details, I still like how the Magnum plays (extremely fast, it's challenging but fun when heated and with the right cloth). But if I were to buy a table, I would consider the Aristocrat or a supercustomized Thurston, they give me more the feeling of quality / durability (but maybe I am wrong, who knows).
                  Interesting Point about the rails, I thought they looked wider and have seen a few miscues from players when tight on the cushion, Kyren had a couple this afternoon.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Interesting Point about the rails, I thought they looked wider and have seen a few miscues from players when tight on the cushion, Kyren had a couple this afternoon.
                    Robertson had one off the rail as well….. my guessing it’s the chalk they are using and not the rails

Comment

Itv4 is showing football, where is the snooker.
                      sorry found it on itv3

Comment

- Barry, I made it: Table 1, finally!
                        - It's the only one, Kyren.

(OK, I will stop this now, promised )
                        Last edited by Zelig; 16 November 2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Live stream on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/10973006819...1095325247983/

Comment

In a way I admire the way Kyren Wilson is making the best out of his limited talents...

I wouldn't mind having a decider here.
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Does the table have something embossed on it, in the middle of the black cushion, or is it just a grain pattern?

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Does the table have something embossed on it, in the middle of the black cushion, or is it just a grain pattern?
                                Screenshot_20211117-030858_Firefox.jpg Screenshot_20211117-030842_Firefox.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X