UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Can I just give a big mention, as no one else has bothered, to the phenomenal rip-roarer fart that was emitted during one of Luca’s breaks. If that was real it must have been a record-breaker in both decibels and duration.
    😂😂
    Missed that , any idea what frame it was etc ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

😂😂
      Missed that , any idea what frame it was etc ?
      It was at 7-3 and 27-12 in the frame. Even watching it a second time, I can't quite tell what could be making that noise.

Comment

• not those same twits that had that "fart-machine" and got thrown out for their troubles
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          not those same twits that had that "fart-machine" and got thrown out for their troubles
          Have you noticed, though, that toilet humour never fails. A mobile phone going off just on the backstroke is met with groans, but a fart has everyone sniggering. We never grow up, do we?

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

It was at 7-3 and 27-12 in the frame. Even watching it a second time, I can't quite tell what could be making that noise.
          There you go, Starsky
          Last edited by Billy; 6 December 2021, 12:20 PM.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            Have you noticed, though, that toilet humour never fails. A mobile phone going off just on the backstroke is met with groans, but a fart has everyone sniggering. We never grow up, do we? , Starsky

humour for all ages and all around the global - the same
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Just watched/listened to it thanks …..blimey I hope that was a machine otherwise I’d be checking for a follow through

Comment

• In regard to the 'old fashioned chalk' issue I noticed that Zhao wasn't using Taom although Luca was, still no great issue with kicks or missing balls thick due to bad contacts for both players. I was intrigued by Zhaos chalk, a square block of green with a black wrapper, had no clue what make it was but there was a moment when Zhao left it on the side rail and the camera zoomed in on it for a split second before he picked it up. I rewound the video and paused on the zoom and saw that it was labelled Ding Junhui Chalk and had a caricature of Ding's face on it.
                I googled it and found that it's made in finland by Taom. Available from Greenbaize at 17 pounds a block, anyone had a go with it ?
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Those expecting some kind of a changing of the guard after the UK are going to be in for a rude awakening. Let's not forget that these were the 24th and 40th ranked players in the world two weeks ago. They aren't now magically among the elite. Both are extremely talented and should eventually be top 16 regulars, but let's give them some time and not expect it to happen right now. They are both in their mid 20s and theoretically won't reach their peak for another 5-10 years. I think the "old guard" will still have a lot to say at the business end of tournaments for a few more years.

Comment

• That chalk is the Ding chalk that is made by Taom ,I think Ding likes it because it’s square but it’s the same as Taom blue pyro really .Dave Coutts has been using it for a bit and swapping between that and the v10 ,no issues at all with it . I tried his piece of Ding chalk against the blue Pyro a week or so ago ,felt just the same ,no marks on table still ,chalking the cue felt the same too .Still think the round versions are better though as you get longer out of them ,they wear better as the square chalks always end up chalking the ferule as they wear down .

Comment

• Yep and that fact it's the same but costs more because it has a cartoon picture of Ding on it means I won't be buying any, sorry Ding.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133879717355
                      I picked up a couple of blocks of V10 at £13.78 a piece on eBay, good seller and came in a nice Taom box.
                      Last edited by Cue crafty; 7 December 2021, 08:58 AM.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Yep and that fact it's the same but costs more because it has a cartoon picture of Ding on it means I won't be buying any, sorry Ding.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133879717355
                        I picked up a couple of blocks of V10 at £13.78 a piece on eBay, good seller and came in a nice Taom box.
                        Thanks for the link , I’ve took the plunge and got a couple of blocks myself.
                        I really liked it previously apart from the miscues. Getting fed up with the kicks and mess of the Triangle again

Comment

• I think the V10 is probably the best of the Taum ,the rest of the line are all great too ,but the V10 just shades it .

Comment

Working...
                          X