2022 Shoot Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    This young chap Vafaei is something special. He will definitely make.his mark in snooker.
    What an opening red and great break to win it in one visit, best two players made the final imo.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

What an opening red and great break to win it in one visit, best two players made the final imo.
      I love McManus' commentary. He said knock me over with a feather after Vafaei potted that belter in the final.

Comment

I hope someone educates Vafaei about stopping the use of a sand paper instead of a cue towel. He will need a new cue if he keeps on doing that.

Comment

The whole tournament was quite good I thought this year ,probably the most of it I’ve watched before .Vafaei was a well deserved winner ,not much Williams could have done about it ,and as mentioned that opening red probably the best shot of the event in the circumstances.

Comment

Great win for Vafei. I hope he´ll carry on from here. A great player to watch.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

I went on Saturday night, it was good fun, beer wasn't too expensive and my Mrs managed to meet a few players and get some pics with them too.
              £20 a ticket for a proper night of entertainment. The snooker wasn't brilliant but the shootouts mostly about drama and missed pots which is always more fun than watching people clear up in silence.

I went into Saturday thinking no way should it be a ranking event and came away thinking actually it absolutely should be. Just because a format is different why shouldn't it carry some weight. It's a different pressure, more about bottle than any other format in the game in my opinion. The skillset is more ability to handle pressure and to think quickly than relentless potting or grinding your opponent down over several hours.

Really nice to see lesser ranked players or even amateurs do well. Dan Womersley is a lad I've played against on a few occasions and it's great to see better amateurs given a shot now and again.
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I suppose making it a ranking event gets most of the top players in ,while giving much needed tv time and potential points to lower ranked players ,and due to the format anyone can win it . Once a year is not a bad thing

Comment

I don't think you get any ranking points until you reach the quarter finals or maybe last sixteen,. To be fair I got that info second hand and I wasn't really listening, so it could be nonsense
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    I don't think you get any ranking points until you reach the quarter finals or maybe last sixteen,. To be fair I got that info second hand and I wasn't really listening, so it could be nonsense
                    Round 1 (L128) get £250 but no ranking points
                    R2 (L64) get £500 and 500 ranking points, and so on
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                    X