2022 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Long way short of the 18.5 million who watched the 1985 final. I wonder what the figure would be when you add in all the platforms that people are using to view. If a Chinese player was in the final there could be 100 million.
    Difficult to pro rata 85 to now, population per channels available...
    1985 = 5 channels
    2022 = 1,000 + channels + streams

Can only compare to now and numbers per "channel"
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Difficult to pro rata 85 to now, population per channels available...
      1985 = 5 channels
      2022 = 1,000 + channels + streams

Can only compare to now and numbers per "channel"
      Yeah completely different scenarios. Do you know if there are any figures for how many viewers Eurosport had. That would be interesting.

Comment

Long way short of the 18.5 million who watched the 1985 final. I wonder what the figure would be when you add in all the platforms that people are using to view. If a Chinese player was in the final there could be 100 million.
        There wasn't 18.5 million watching every frame, the tv audience was creeping up to that from maybe 10pm onwards to the end when word was getting around that Taylor was getting close. Quite a boring final snooker wise until the last two frames to be honest, but yes I was watching and hoping for a Taylor win but seeing as he's been dining out on that for the last forty years I kind of wish he hadn't and Davis also had that magnificent seven. One bloody ball eh!
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• https://wst.tv/cazoo-to-become-title...-championship/
          New Sponser

Comment

Good thing to move from a betting sponsor to a car seller.

Comment

• Yep ,good news that ,better image all round .

Comment

• Would the prize money remain the same? And for how many years have they tied up?

Comment

• Betfred have been magnificent sponsors of WC. The money they’ve pumped into snooker has been incredible. Since the Cazoo announcement, I haven’t seen one statement thanking Betfred for their many years of loyal sponsorship and support.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    but seeing as he's been dining out on that for the last forty years I kind of wish he hadn't and Davis also had that magnificent seven. One bloody ball eh!
                    😂😂 bloody brilliant lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                      Apparently Ronnie said on Eurosport that he is mic'ed up while he's playing for a Netflix documentary. Maybe the producers have asked him to create some extra drama for their ratings
                      McManus said the documentary is expected to be released in the next 2 weeks. I am waiting for it.

Comment

• Seventh Heaven will be airing on Saturday 15th October 2022 at 20:00, Discovery + and Eurosport.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                          Seventh Heaven will be airing on Saturday 15th October 2022 at 20:00, Discovery + and Eurosport.
                          I have it set to record on British Eurosport 1 (Sky 410) 20:00 UK on Saturday 15th October.
                          Two episodes - second at 21:00 UK.
                          Both are also on the Eurosport Player and Discovery+ player streaming sites at the same time.

(I find nothing for the 13th on TV channels)

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Don't think the Netflix documentary has been overlooked, I am sure I mentioned it somewhere? :shrug:
                            But I have mentioned it to friends that is ROS playing up for the documentary?
                            It will be interesting to see how the event and events are edited and narrated in the final film?
                            Is the Netflix documentary out?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Is the Netflix documentary out?

it appears that "Seventh Heaven Tonight - Ronnie O'Sullivan" is the documentary mentioned

unless anyone know anything else?

Comment

Working...
                              X